|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of GTA Wiki|
|Game:||The Lost and Damned|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Roman's Taxi destroyed
|Unlocked by:||Coming Down|
The mission begins when Ashley phones Johnny and says she is in trouble. Johnny makes his way to her house, when he arrives two of Dimitri Rascalov's men are there. They say that Ashley is in debt to Dimitri and he has not been paid. They tell Johnny that he has to kidnap Roman Bellic or they'll kill Ashley. Johnny goes out to kidnap Roman with the help of Malc. After this mission, Mallorie Bardas will discover Roman's kidnapping and calls Niko to warn him. Niko then saves his cousin.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Malc
- Go to the gambling den
- Keep an eye out for Roman Bellic
- Go to the warehouse
- Threaten Roman Bellic but do not kill him (If Roman escapes)
Johnny will call Malc and ask him to help kidnap Roman. You must drive to Malc's location then you both get into his car. Malc is up on Y in Northwood. At this point you must drive to the "hardware store" where Roman gambles. A cutscene then begins which shows you and Malc putting Roman in the back of your car. Now you need to drive to the warehouse in Bohan and drop Roman off. If you completely stop the car for any reason, such as hitting an object that won't give (like those wooden telephone poles), Roman will pop out of the backseat and attempt to run off. Fortunately he runs very slow and falls a lot. Target his head with a weapon to scare him back into the car.
Alternatively you can dial the number of Roman's Taxi Firm (555-2222) and he will come to Johnny and Malc in his car which will save you the journey over to the hardware store in Broker. This also makes the drive over to the warehouse easier as it is less likely that Roman will escape from the car.
Video WalkthroughGTA The Lost and Damned - Mission 18 - Roman's Holiday (1080p)(14:04)
- Roman runs off once only. If the car is stopped another time, Roman won't run off because Malc gets hold of him. While running, Roman will shout things like "Run, Roman, run!", "Come on, Roman, escape!" and "Move, you fat, stupid, legs, move!".
- When Johnny threatens Roman and gets him back in the car, Malc'll tie Roman so he doesn't escape again.
- Malc's Presidente cannot get damaged before he and Johnny enter it. If it does get damaged, the player will fail the mission.
- If Malc is killed, the mission will fail and Johnny will let Roman go because he doesn't want to be with him.
- Most will recognize this mission because it explains how Roman was kidnapped in Grand Theft Auto IV. He was later rescued by his cousin from the same warehouse.
- Roman soils himself during this mission, this is brought up a second time at the end of Hostile Negotiation.
- If you call Roman by the number, he will question why Johnny is asking where he is. Johnny will say that two girls want a great ride in a limo, so Roman will accept and arrive in his taxi. He will shout out all possible great places, such as Middle Park, Star Junction and maybe himself. When Johnny and Malc go to him, the kidnapping starts.
- Ironically, Johnny does not know that Roman's cousin is Niko Bellic, a man previously he worked with during a mission for Elizabeta Torres, although he did mention working with an Eastern European and wondered if Roman would be like him.
- This is the first mission in the GTA IV era where Roman appears without Niko.
- This is the only time we see Roman taking a dispatch call himself instead of sending one of his other drivers.