|Game:||The Lost and Damned|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Roman's Taxi destroyed
|Unlocked by:||Coming Down|
- "Somebody looking for a fat Slav with a bladder problem?"
- ― Johnny Klebitz
Ashley phones Johnny to inform him that she is in trouble, and Johnny makes his way to her apartment. When he arrives, two of Dimitri Rascalov's men are there. They inform Johnny that Ashley has failed to repay a debt to Dimitri. A reluctant Johnny is then ordered to kidnap Roman Bellic, or else Ashley will be killed. Johnny, after scolding Ashley, leaves the apartment.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Malc
- Go to the gambling den
- Keep an eye out for Roman Bellic
- Go to the warehouse
- Threaten Roman Bellic but do not kill him (If Roman escapes, he will only escape once during the mission.)
Johnny calls Malc and asks for his assistance in kidnapping Roman. Malc agrees, and informs Johnny that he is in Northwood. When you arrive in Northwood, get in Malc's car and drive to the "hardware store". At the "hardware store", a cutscene begins which shows Johnny and Malc putting Roman in the back of the car. Drive to the warehouse in Bohan and drop Roman off.
If the car is stopped for any reason, such as hitting a solid object (like telegraph poles, trees or walls), Roman will exit the car and attempt to run off. Fortunately, he is very slow and will stumble and fall over a lot. Aiming at him with a weapon will make him get back in the car, with Malc securing him in the back seat this time.
Alternatively, the player can skip the journey from the gambling den to the warehouse in Broker by driving straight to the warehouse and calling Roman's Taxi (555-2222) from there. This also reduces the likelihood of Roman escaping from the car.
- Malc's Presidente is damageproof before he and Johnny enter it. If it does get damaged, the player will fail the mission.
- Ironically, Johnny does not know that Roman's cousin is Niko Bellic, despite working with him during a mission for Elizabeta Torres, although he did mention working with an Eastern European and wondered if Roman would be like him.
- This is the only time that Roman will respond to a dispatch call in person. On every other occasion he will send one of his drivers.
- The title of the mission is a clear reference to Roman Holiday, a 1953 romantic comedy starring Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn.
- This mission ties in with Hostile Negotiation from GTA IV, as Johnny and Malc abduct Roman Bellic and deliver him to a warehouse off Lompoc Avenue in Bohan Industrial, where he is kept captive by the Rascalov Bratva until he is rescued by his cousin Niko.