Romania is a country situated in Eastern Europe. It is the ninth largest country of the European Union, of which it joined in 2007. Its capital city is Bucharest. Romania shares a border with Hungary and Serbia to the west, Ukraine and Moldova to the northeast and east, and Bulgaria to the south. In the GTA universe, Darko Brevic has a home in Bucharest.
- The AK-47 featured in the game is a Romanian-made AK-47 WASR.
- Darko Brevic lived in Bucharest, Romania, after betraying Niko, Florian and the rest of their squad.
- Romania's capital city Bucharest is mentioned in the dialog between Niko Bellic and Jon Gravelli.
- "Gravelli: Yeah...he's located the guy. It seems he wasn't in Switzerland at all, but in Bucharest. He'll be here soon.
Niko: Good, good..."
- ―Niko and Gravelli.
- the AK-47 is, again, a Romanian-made model: PAmd.86.
- The Unnamed Classic Car is probably a GAZ-69, manufactured by ARO in Romania.
- At one point during their first random encounter, Eddie Low will ask Niko about his accent. During the conversation he asks if he's from East Europe; mentioning Romania, Bulgaria and the Balkans:
- "Eddie: Where are you from, pal of mine? What's your accent?
Are you from East Europe? Romania? Bulgaria? Balkans?
Niko: Hey, you're a smart guy."
- ―Eddie Low and Niko