Romania is a country situated in Eastern Europe. It is the ninth largest country of the European Union, of which it joined in 2007. It's capital city is Bucharest. Romania shares a border with Hungary and Serbia to the west, Ukraine and Moldova to the northeast and east, and Bulgaria to the south. Darko Brevic has a home in Bucharest.
GTA III Era
- The AK-47 featured in the game is a Romanian made AK-47 WASR.
GTA IV Era
- Darko Brevic lived in Bucharest, Romania, after betraying Niko, Florian and the rest of their squad.
- Bucharest is mentioned in the dialog between Niko Bellic and Jon Gravelli.
- "Gravelli: "Yeah...he's located the guy. It seems he wasn't in Switzerland at all, but in Bucharest. He'll be here soon.
Niko: "Good, good..."
- ―Niko and Gravelli.
- Futo, a car in GTA IV, is posibily named after the phrase "fut-o" but with a line between "t" and "o" a reference in Romanian for "fuck her" at feminin. Another example of Rockstar`s adult humor. It's also a word in Spanish.
- The Tudor district and Port Tudor in Alderney State are named after the Romanian Name "Tudor".
- The RON gas station could be named after the Romanian currency "RON".
- Feroci is similar to a Romanian word, "Feroce", meaning ferocious.