|For the petroleum company in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V, see RON. For the mission, see Nervous Ron.|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Full name:||Ronald Jakowski|
|Also known as:||Ron|
|Home:||Sandy Shores, Blaine County|
|Main affiliation:||Trevor Philips Enterprises|
Blaine County Radio
|Vehicle(s):||Velum (GTA Online)|
|Businesses:||CEO of Trevor Philips Enterprises|
Host of Blaine County Radio Community Hour
|Voiced by:||David Mogentale|
- "They could be watching us."
- ―Ron Jakowski
Ron Jakowski is a paranoid, conspiracy theorist. He is an associate of Trevor Philips, CEO of Trevor Philips Enterprises, and the host of a podcast during the Blaine County Radio Community Hour on Blaine County Talk Radio.
Ronald Jakowski was formerly happily married before his "best friend" Trevor Philips entered his life. Trevor convinced him that his wife was only holding him back in life, and was divorced by his wife. He then began to obsess over conspiracy theories. On his radio show, Ron also reveals he was formerly an accountant before he started believing conspiracy theories. He is also deep in debt and still has to pay his settlement fees to his former wife.
Ron now works for Trevor as CEO of Trevor Philips Enterprises.
Events of GTA V
Ron is first seen trying to calm down Johnny Klebitz while he is angrily heading towards Trevor's trailer. However, the efforts of Ron and Wade Hebert could not prevent Trevor from brutally murdering Johnny.
The three men get into Trevor's Bodhi to drive towards The Lost MC's location in Grapeseed. Once there, they confront and threaten Terry Thorpe and Clay Simons. This causes the two bikers to ride back to Stab City to warn the other Lost members, but Trevor kills them en route.
Eventually, the trio arrive at The Range, the Lost's headquarters. Ron waits in Trevor's truck while Trevor kills the bikers. After the bikers are killed, Ron and Trevor drive towards Ortega's trailer. Trevor rams Ortega's trailer into the river, before either killing or sparing Ortega.
A few days later, some members of The Lost ransack Trevor's Trailer in retaliation for Johnny's murder. Following this, Trevor decides to wipe out The Lost's presence in Blaine County. Ron assists him in taking over the Sandy Shores Airfield. Trevor orders Ron to be on the lookout in a water tower. After Trevor "buys" a Sniper Rifle, Ron takes his Blazer and sneaks into the airfield undetected, thanks to Trevor's sniping. Ron places explosives on the gas tank and it explodes. The duo fly off in two aeroplanes and deliver the guns to their Mexican contact, before landing at McKenzie Field.
After Wade discovers Michael Townley's whereabouts in Los Santos, Trevor puts Ron in temporary charge of Trevor Philips Enterprises while he and Wade are in Los Santos. Ron remains in Sandy Shores and runs the business during Trevor's absence. While Trevor is in Los Santos, Ron occasionally contacts Trevor asking for advice and to inform Trevor that some Chinese men have been surveying Trevor's trailer and his meth lab. Trevor can also call Ron on occasion to ask him about the business.
Rockstar describes Ron by saying "if his best buddy Trevor Philips is like a shark, Ron is like a remora", who is "paranoid but terrified" of Trevor.
Ron is an unlikely friend of Trevor but as said above, he is terrified of him and so goes to great lengths to appease him whenever he can, such as when he let Trevor bully him into giving up his share of the profits of an arms dealing job the two carried out, especially if Trevor is close to losing his very short temper. Trevor describes Ron as a "conspiracy theorist" which fits with his paranoia. Despite Ron's timidness, he acts as a sort of henchman for Trevor and helps him with missions such as sneaking around the Lost MC's base to plant explosives while Trevor watches and covers him through a sniper scope, which indicates a level of trust between them, and when Trevor introduces Ron to Michael, he describes Ron as "very loyal". In "Derailed", Trevor describes Ron as 'dependable' when he acquires getaway vehicles for Michael and Trevor.
Ron, due to trying to appease Trevor whenever he can, will always agree with Trevor even when the latter insults him or his conspiracy theories, making him something of a "yes man". Despite his fear, he seems to genuinely look up to Trevor, despite Trevor often threatening him with violence, as can be heard on his radio podcast.
- GTA V
- Mr. Philips
- Nervous Ron (Boss)
- Friends Reunited
- Scouting the Port (Voice)
- Minor Turbulence (Boss)
- Derailed (Boss)
- Bury the Hatchet (Voice)
- Something Sensible (Option A/Post-mission message)
- The Time's Come (Option B/Post-mission message)
- The Third Way (Option C/Post-mission message)
- GTA Online
- Romance Isn't Dead (Boss)
- Fueling the Flames (Boss)
- Turbine Carbine (Boss)
- Daemon Run (Boss)
- Base Invaders (Boss)
- Crank Up the Volume (Boss)
- A Boat in the Bay (Boss)
- Wet Work (Boss)
- Landing Gear (Boss)
Services (GTA Online)
|Service||GTA Online Description||In-Game Effect||Cost||Level Requirement|
|Request Job||Request an invite to a previously completed Job.||After a few seconds, you will be sent an invite to a random job you have completed for Ron previously.||$0||0|
- Ron also claims that the military or FIB sent a drone to spy on him and Trevor due to their arms dealing.
- Based on his last name, Ron could possibly be of Polish descent.
- Ron wears a knee brace on his left leg. The reason for this is unknown, but it is possibly connected to Trevor.
- Should the player "kill" Ron at anytime, $5000 will be withdrawn from the player's bank account to pay for Ron's medical treatment. He will then send the player a text explaining that he is using the money to pay off settlement payments. Interestingly enough, he will do this for all protagonists, despite the fact that he and Franklin Clinton never met in the story.
- Ron's phone number is 328-555-0198.
- The headphones that Ron wears in the official artwork resembles the Sony MDR-ZX100 and the radio that he uses is based on the Panasonic RF2200.
- Ron will often be found outside Trevor's trailer, spouting random conspiracy theories. Rarely he will be sitting inside the trailer listening to a radio through headphones.
- Based on the game's final outcome, Ron will send the player a different message.
- If the player chose Something Sensible, Ron will message Michael and Franklin, cursing them for killing Trevor and mourning over the loss of his best friend and business.
- If the player chose The Time's Come or The Third Way, Ron will message Trevor saying he left "something cool" outside Trevor's Trailer.
- Interestingly, Trevor cannot call Ron to hang out but he does have the option to hang out with Jimmy.
- If Trevor shoots all of the bottles when Ron is doing target practice, Ron will leave the yard and wander around Sandy Shores. While the player is with Ron in Sandy Shores, he can interact with Ron by verbally abusing him. Interestingly, if Ron was to wander out of the area labelled as Sandy Shores in-game, Ron will become an NPC and Trevor will start complimenting Ron using the same dialogue as he would towards Prostitutes, such as "Hello beautiful." To add to this, Ron will respond with positive feedback to the compliments. Whether this is intentional or a glitch is unknown.
- Ron can appear at the front of the trailer making alcohol before walking away. If Trevor interacts with Ron when he walks away, he may speak to Ron as if he was an NPC, but in a friendly tone, saying lines such as "Hello, tough guy". Ron will respond to Trevor as if Trevor was a stranger.
- If the player interacts with Ron as Trevor, he will insult Ron on how "useless" he is. If the player interacts with Ron as Michael, he will call him "Trevor's weird friend". Franklin cannot interact with Ron as they do not meet during the story.
- On his show, Ron will mention that he is working on drone-blocking technology.
- According to the Rush Casting Call, Ron's beta name was 'Nervous' Jerry. A man named Jerry calls Ron on his radio show, as a reference to the beta name.
- If Ron is attacked with a melee weapon, he will not retaliate even if he is armed with a pistol.
- A random pedestrian can sometimes be seen sitting in the lawnchair relaxing outside Ron's trailer. If he is approached by any of the protagonists, he will warn the player to back off before becoming hostile.
- If Trevor interacts with Ron before he leaves Sandy Shores to find Michael, the two will have polite conversations with each other, with Trevor often saying "It's Nervous Ron" and Ron replying with "and Crazy Trevor".
- If Ron is startled, he will sometimes leave Trevor's yard. If this happens, an infinite number of Rons will enter Trevor's trailer.
- There is a glitch in the game where Ron sometimes appears without his hat and glasses. In cutscenes, however, he will be wearing both.