(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door limousine|
|Capacity||6 (driver and 5 passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Manufacturer||Albany (HD Universe)|
- "Paint the town red in the classically-inspired Albany Roosevelt. This armored 1920s limousine is perfect for gangsters and their molls. To properly run amok with the new Roosevelt, get in the driver’s seat and let your friends or Crewmates hang off the side, firing and taking out your rivals as you pass them by."
- ―Rockstar Newswire
It is based on the custom 1928 Cadillac 341A Town Sedan owned by the infamous mobster Al Capone, along with elements from the Cadillac 341B. Unlike the real car, the Roosevelt has no suicide doors. The Newswire states that, similar to the real car, the Roosevelt is armored. The front grille sports the Albany logo and protects the radiator. Four lamps are closely installed together in front of the grille. Two are large main beams with metal mesh covers, the others are small fog lamps. In addition, two spotlights are mounted where mirrors would normally be. They are usable with the secondary headlight option. The hood has a chrome, cross-shaped trim and opens vertically to reveal a carbureted V12 engine coupled to a 5 speed transmission.
Interior wise, it is unique, well detailed and appropriate for its era. It has two classically upholstered bench seats. The dashboard has multiple brass dials and a retro steering wheel. Moving on to the sides, two spare wheels are preserved in leather cases that are held with a pair of straps. Behind those are four small containers situated under the doors. There is a luggage bag at the rear instead of a regular trunk which has a retractable metal cover.
The Roosevelt drives smoothly and handles like a boat. It is quite heavy, possibly owing to its thick armor. It can accelerate rather quickly for a car this old and can reach a top speed similar to the Duneloader. With its archaic suspension, spinning out is very likely at higher speeds. Lowering the suspension may help prevent this since it will reduce body roll. It is quite durable and proves capable when off-roading.
- Available in all three characters garages.
- Can be obtained from Legendarymotorsport.net for $750,000. It will only be available on the website for a limited time until the end of February, however, saved ones will be kept with the player after the event.
- In terms of real life inspiration, the Roosevelt is the oldest car in the HD Universe, suceeded by the Z-Type, Tractor, Rat Loader and Hotknife.
- The car's name is a reference to Franklin D. Roosevelt, president of the United States from 1933 to 1945, who made use of the armored limousine confiscated from Al Capone for protection after the attack on Pearl Harbor.
- The fact that the car spawns in green in single player garages is also a reference to Al Capone's personal car, which was also painted green.
- Much like the Granger, players can hang off the side steps of the car and fire weapons such as assault rifles and LMGs which are not available for use in any vehicle other than helicopters.
- The Roosevelt has a unique horn which sounds like a vintage car horn.
- Exhaust fumes are expeled at the left side of the back of the car even though the entire exhaust system is missing. This is likely an oversight.
- It has the same engine sound as the Voodoo.
- The stock wheels are painted the same color as the car's primary color and have large drum brakes, which look black from the outside. Installing custom wheels will replace them with disc brakes.
- The Roosevelt has no default radio station. It is set to Off.
- Even though the real life counterpart has a V8, the Roosevelt includes a V12 engine.
- Oddly the Rosevelt features the new Albany logo.