|U.S. Route 68|
Route 68 is a Numbered Highway in the state of San Andreas and appears in Grand Theft Auto V. The highway passes through rural desert areas of the state and the small town of Harmony in Blaine County. There are stops along the highway such as a 24/7 and a Checkout!.
- It is based on the classic real-life Route 66, with shields painted on the roadway itself. Weirdly enough, the real Route 66 ends at Santa Monica Beach, which the Vespucci Beach is based on, while Route 68 is only in the desert, probably based on the Midwest portion of Route 66.
- The real U.S. Route 68 is an east–west United States highway that runs from northwest Ohio to western Kentucky.
- The highway runs into Bolingbroke Penitentiary, which is located to the west of it.
- Franklin can purchase the Los Santos Customs that is on this route.
- Given Rockstar's sexual humour, it is suprising that the highway isn't called Route 69.