|Rural Route 68|
Part of the San Andreas Highway System
|West end:||Lago Zancudonear|
|Major junctions||Tongva Valley-|
|East end:||Davis Quartzand near|
Route 68 is an east-west rural Numbered Highway in the state of San Andreas and appears in Grand Theft Auto V. The highway passes through rural desert areas of the state and the small town of Harmony. Route 68 also acts as the border between Los Santos County and Blaine County.
|Galileo Park, Sandy Shores|
|24/7, LS Customs|
|Sandy Shores, Bolingbroke Penitentiary|
|Senora National Park|
Places of Interest
- Animal Ark
- Blaine County FLEECA Bank
- Dollar Pills
- Eastern Motel
- Fleeca Bank
- Larry's RV Sales
- Los Santos Customs
- The Motor Hotel
- Scoops Liquor Barn
- Sub Urban
- The Taco Farmer
- Figuratively, Route 68 is roughly based on the California State Route 86 highway that runs west of the Salton Sea, geologically resembling that of the route itself and Sandy Shores in-game and in reality. Although, instead of the route being marked 86, it is marked 68. The route also extends further than it would in real-life, so it's likely to resemble other routes as well.
- One possible resemblance is the classic real-life Route 66, with shields painted on the roadway itself. Weirdly enough, the real Route 66 ends at Santa Monica Beach, which the Del Perro Beach is based on, while Route 68 is only in the desert, it is probably based on the Midwest portion of Route 66. The real U.S. Route 68 is an east–west United States highway that runs from northwest Ohio to western Kentucky.
- The highway runs into Bolingbroke Penitentiary, which is located to the west of it.
- Franklin can purchase the Los Santos Customs that is on this route, and get purchase any varitiy of the mods for free.
- With Rockstar's reputation for sexual humor, the road was intentionally marked as 68 because it mentally computes to 69 by fans familiar with Rockstar's humor. In fact, the beta name was Route 69.
- In Grand Theft Auto IV, some Angels of Death members can be seen wearing a shirt with a Route 69 badge on it. This was the original name for the highway before the release of Grand Theft Auto V.
- The number 68, much similar to the 69, is a sexual term for the partner giving oral stimulation to another.