|Game:||Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Location:||Westminster Towers, North Holland|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Jayvon gets away
|Unlocks:||Undress to Kill|
|Unlocked by:||Deconstruction for Beginners|
Ruff Rider is the first mission given by Dwayne Forge in Grand Theft Auto IV to Niko Bellic, which involves his ex-girlfriend (Cherise) and her new man (Jayvon), a guy who apparently ratted out Dwayne and sent him to prison so many years ago. Niko agrees to help out the melancholic Dwayne by going to speak with the couple and getting his money back, which Dwayne was sending Cherise while he was in the joint.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the arcade in Chinatown
- Execute Cherise or let her live
- Chase Jayvon down
- Get Dwayne's money
- Go meet Dwayne at Cluckin' Bell
Head over to the Videogeddon arcade in Chinatown. Niko will spot Cherise and Jayvon together. When Jayvon sees Niko, he fires a Micro-SMG at him but Niko ducks just in time. Jayvon grabs a motorcycle and heads off leaving you to quickly deal with Cherise.
Get on the nearby motorcycle and chase Jayvon. It is possible to just head due south and cut off Jayvon at South Parkway. If Jayvon off his bike by any reason, he will pull out the Micro-SMG and shoot back. If Niko runaway from him for a distance, he will hijack/get in the nearest vehicle and chase back Niko. (Might a bug) If Niko outrun from Jayvon for a distance, you can found him stop and sit still in his vehicle and do nothing until be killed.
For a slightly easier chase, take a car to the mission and run back to it, rather than taking the intended motorcycle. This will allow you to simply knock Jayvon from his bike and run him over, rather than trying to control the bike and gun at once.
After the mission, it might be a good idea to get yourself a nice snack from the cashier. This will bring up your health.
- The mission name is a reference to the real-life motorcycle club Ruff Riders.
- In Weazel News post-mission report, a civilian mentions that they were crazy "because of those violent video-games".
- The player does not need to use the motorcycle to chase Jayvon, they can just use a car.
- This mission is one of several story missions which can be done after completing the main story.
- Jayvon's clothes can change depending on how many times you replay the mission.
- If Cherise is spared, Dwayne will say he's happy she isn't dead due to her being "just an idiot".