(Rear quarter view)
(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Civilian motorcycle|
|Body style||Roadster bike|
|Capacity||2 (rider and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Price||$10,000 (GTA V)|
$9,000 (GTA Online)
|Related vehicle(s)||Bati 801|
- "An Italian that is rough around the edges but smooth where it counts and plenty of gas in the tank to go the extra mile with sexual analogies."
- ―Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description.
The Ruffian is manufactured by the supercar company Pegassi and is mainly based on the Ducati Monster design, with similar engine molding, gas tank, headlight, taillights, exhaust system and seats, albeit with a longer, wider tail section.
The Ruffian is a very quick and versatile sportsbike. It's one of the fastest bikes in the game, only falling behind the Bati 801, Dinka Akuma and Shitzu Vader. Like other high-end motorcycles in GTA V, it is powered by a water cooled L3 engine giving it excellent acceleration and decent top speed. Greater stability is credited to its longer wheelbase, which makes cruising at high speeds safer than other shorter bikes. On the other hand, cornering does suffer from this. It is considerably less agile than other motorcycles thus not well suited for twisty race circuits. Stunt agility, however, is notable. Pulling tricks with this bike is quite easy thanks to its high ride height, ease of performing wheelies and light weight.
- There is a streetfighter variant of the Ruffian, which you will usually receive when you order this motorbike in the Southernsanandreassuperautos.com website.
- Can sometimes be found driving in Vinewood.
- Can be obtained during the mission Paleto Score Setup. Even if the mission is finished by Michael, Trevor can still adquire it in the car impound.
- Can be bought for $10,000 (GTA V)/$9,000 (GTA Online) in the Southernsanandreassuperautos.com website.
- 'Ruffian' is a word used to describe a violent person, usually involved in crime.
- Its name could be a reference to Ruffian, an American champion thoroughbred racehorse.
- The Ruffian looks very similar to the PCJ-600 motorcycle. Having the same engine arrangement, wheelbase, front fork and front brakes.
- A streetfighter variant is also available as a random trim.
- With the bodywork mod, it will to look very similar to the Akuma. A good way to determine the difference is by looking at the headlights, for the Akuma has two small bulbs and the Ruffian has two large bulbs.
- It possible to modify the bike in GTA V so that it has no rear number plate, which would make it illegal to drive on the road. Other vehicles that lack plates include the Sanchez, the Zentorno, the PCJ-600 (once modified) and the Dune Buggy, although it could be argued the latter is not supposed to be a road-legal vehicle.