Российская Федерация (Russian)
|Anthem: Государственный гимн Российской Федерации
|-||President||Владимир Путин (Vladimir Putin)|
|-||Prime Minister||Дмитрий Медведев (Dmitry Medvedev)|
|Establishment||25 December 1991 (as Russian Federation)|
|-||estimate||143,030,106 (as of 2012)|
|Currency||Russian Ruble (RUB)|
Russia (Россия) officially known as Russian Federation (Российская Федерация), is a state in northern Eurasia. It is the largest country in the world, and a federal semi-presidential republic, comprising 85 federal subjects. From northwest to southeast, Russia shares borders with Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland (both via Kaliningrad Oblast), Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia, and North Korea.
It is mentioned many times in the GTA series. Numerous characters from the game were born in Russia, during the Soviet Union era.
- The Russian Mafia appear throughout the Grand Theft Auto series.
- A few references to U.S.S.R. political figures such as Little Gorbachefs, an obvious reference to Mikhail Gorbachev, and Perestroika.
- Marki Ashvilli
- Ray Bulgarin
- Galina Bulgarin
- Ivan Bytchkov
- Adam Dimayev
- Anna Faustin
- Ilyena Faustin
- Mikhail Faustin
- From Russia Without Love
- Vladimir Glebov
- Kenny Petrovic
- Mrs. Petrovic
- Dimitri Rascalov
- Natalia Zverovna
- Vladivostok FM takes its name from the Russian city of the same name, and the Grand Theft Auto IV soundtrack includes Russian music.
- The AK-47, a legendary assault rifle that features throughout the GTA series was first developed in Russia (then Russian SFSR) by Mikhail Kalashnikov.
- The Dragunov, a sniper rifle that is featured in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, was first created in Russia.
- The RPG-7 a rocket launcher that features throughout the GTA series was first developed in Russia (then USSR)
- In Grand Theft Auto IV, some Russians will comment "If he dies, he dies" when witnessing the death of an NPC, a nod to the fourth installment of the Rocky series, in which Russian boxer Drago beats Apollo Creed to death and uses this line.
- In GTA IV, many Burger Shot fast food restaurants tend to have Russian women working at the cash register.
- Several Russians flags appear in places like Los Santos Golf Club or Jetsam Terminal. Also appears on the rudder of the Cargo Plane.
- The San Andreas Flight School Update added a Russian Federation Chute Bag in GTA V.