|Game:||Grand Theft Auto III|
|Location:||Panlantic Construction Site, Fort Staunton|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
DeadDodo reaches airport
- You may be looking for Surface-to-Air Missile, otherwise often abbreviated as S.A.M. or SAM.
S.A.M. is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III, given to protagonist Claude by new Yakuza leader Asuka Kasen from a Panlantic Construction Company construction site in Fort Staunton, Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Claude drops by the construction site in Fort Staunton. Asuka, (along with Maria) is now aware of a plane crossing the Francis International Airport in south Shoreside Vale and it contains a big number of SPANK drug packages. Claude drives over to a jetty in Bedford Point. He picks up a rocket launcher on the jetty and takes the Reefer nearby to drive over to the south end of the airport, near the two buoys. He kills all the Colombian Cartel gang members guarding the exit of the airport. After a while, the DeadDodo plane arrives and Claude shoots it down with his rocket launcher.
After blowing up the plane, a 4-star wanted level is present and Claude retrieves the packages quickly before a police helicopter arrives and stops him. Afterward, he escapes back to the construction site while being pursued by a fleet of relentless cops.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Find the marker boat and get to the marker buoy
- Get to the runway marker buoys! The plane is on it's final approach
- Collect the cargo
- Stash the SPANK back at the construction site
Tips and Tricks
- Although the game will direct the player to a buoy at sea as the location where to fire the rocket, the player may elect to walk onto the runway and blow the plane up there, but may suffer some damage if the plane blows up right underneath the player.
- The player can escape via Reefer in the sea (if it is not beached) or by stealing the Cartel Cruiser (or one of the police cruisers that come for the player) near the runway and driving on the airport runways to the bridge.
- Judging by the conversation between Maria and Asuka, Miguel's shoulder wound, suffered during Grand Theft Aero when he was shot in the back by Catalina is going gangrene due to the fact that it's turning black and when Maria poked it, "EEEEYYYYOOOO!!! What is that gooey yellow stuff?"
- Just how much Asuka enjoys torturing people? Despite the fact Miguel's wound is going gangrene, she's still adamant in pouring hot chili sauce on it, and obviously can't wait to do it also.
- Miguel is obviously slipping in and out of consciousness at this point, if not dying since he didn't peep a word or scream in pain when Maria poked his badly wounded and infected shoulder.