(Rear quarter view)
|Also known as||Sabre GT (GTA IV — GTA CW)|
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||Muscle car|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA Vice City|
GTA Vice City Stories
Grand Theft Auto IV
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
GTA Chinatown Wars
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Manufacturer||Declasse (HD Universe)|
|Price||$700 (Auto Merchant)|
The Sabre Turbo (also known as the Sabre GT in Grand Theft Auto IV) is a high performance variants of the Sabre featured in both the 3D Universe and the HD Universe. It is manufactured by Declasse in HD Universe.
Other than the presence of a racing stripe, the Sabre Turbo appears largely the same as a standard Sabre, down to the rims. The GTA Vice City rendition of this vehicle appears only in red and striped in white color (this is fixed to the car in the .txd file in gta3.img) whereas in GTA Vice City Stories, it appears in several colors, while retaining a racing stripe that is constantly light green. In GTA Vice City Stories, the Cholo Sabre looks the same as the Sabre Turbo only it is yellow with a white stripe.
Named as the Sabre GT in Grand Theft Auto IV, it borrows bits and pieces from various American muscle cars. The back and sides resemble a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass, but the sides have softer lines and could be from a 69' Chevelle SS, the front is similar to a 70' Buick GSX (the headlights and the shape of the bumper is also very similar to a 1970 Cutlass or 1969 Plymouth Road Runner) and the front bumper's round turning signals are similar to a 69' Dodge Coronet. The wheels appear to be based on those found on a 70' Pontiac Firebird. The paintjob seems to look like that of a Mustang Mach 1 with some characteristics of a Shelby Mustang. The different hood scoop on some Sabre GTs resembles that of a 1968 Shelby Mustang, while some resemble the 442 Cutlass. Overall, the look created emulates the GM big body V8 coupes of the early 70's (Cutlass, Skylark, Chevelle). The Sabre GT has a different Declasse logo than the makers other cars, being an older design, a circle with "Declasse" written around the inside edge.
In Grand Theft Auto V, it is again called a Sabre Turbo but remains almost identical to the GTA IV appearance. The differences include a shinier grille and it loses the chin spoiler. It also sports a fairly wide selection of parts that can be installed in Los Santos Customs including a chin spoiler to make it look like the GTA IV version.
Compared to a regular Sabre, the Sabre Turbo is capable of better acceleration, top speed and cornering, and emits a different engine sound from its stock counterpart. Due to its modified engine, the car also emits a noise associated with vintage turbo-charged engines (possibly a turbocharged V8 with multi-barrel carburettor). In GTA Vice City, it is an excellent car for street racing, as it's as competitive as more modern sports cars like Banshee, Infernus or Stinger, despite its rather soft suspension.
In GTA Vice City Stories, its performance traits are similar to that of the Polaris V8.
Grand Theft Auto IV
The Sabre GT houses a turbocharged version of the regular Sabre's herculean 9-litre (550 ci) V8, equipped with the same drivetrain. The lack of a sixth gear in the gearbox results in a top speed of 153 mph (246 km/h). The behemoth of an engine is comparable to that of the Imponte Dukes, though the wider tires and shorter wheelbase eliminate a trifle of the hideous wheelspin resulting from the rear wheels having to cope with such levels of torque. Though the back-end readily swings round corners, this is noticeably more controllable in corners than the Imponte equivalent. The exhaust note is unique to the Sabre GT, and it shares its horn with the Sabre. Although the exhaust note more closely resembles the Stallion when heard from the rear of the car, it is slightly less audible in comparison. However, when heard from the front of the car, the whistle of the turbo and the roar of the 550ci V8 is distinct.
Grand Theft Auto V
In GTA V, the Sabre Turbo's performance is on par with the more modern muscle cars such as the Dominator and the Gauntlet, although its softer suspension makes the car somewhat twitchy, making it un-recommendable in tight races and chases, and also to beginners, or anyone with a low driving skill. It can be assumed that it shares its drivetrain with the Sabre GT, which means it features the exceptionally powerful 9-litre (550 ci) turbocharged V8 coupled to a long-throw 5-speed semi-auto manual transmission. This engine has enough torque to put any chassis under stress, and here it's no exception. Coupled with the fact that the long transmission makes anticipating the boost difficult, it could be said that this car should be kept on the freeway, where a driver can get the most out of the car's massive power. Its top speed is pretty far from other muscle cars at a region of 177 mph (285 kph).
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||140 / 225||
1200 / 2646
|6.1 Seconds||110 / 177||
FR Turbocharged V8
Mass cannot be observed.
Customization (GTA V)
- Stock options and performance upgrades (brakes, suspension, etc.) excluded
|Type||Upgrade||Cost (Story)||Cost (Online)|
|Bumpers||Custom Chin Spoiler||$500|
|Painted & Chin Spoiler||$750|
|Painted & Large Spoiler||$1000|
|Extended Chin Spoiler||$1300|
|Painted Rear Bumper||$500|
|Grilles||De-Chromed Split Grille||$375|
|Painted Light Surround||$670|
|Hood||Cowl Induction Hood||$325|
|Ram Air Hood||$750|
|Single Intake Bug Catcher||$1000|
|Triple Intake Bug Catcher||$1200|
|Roll Cage||Roll Cage & Chassis Upgrade||$550|
|Wheelie Bar||Wheelie Bar||$350|
GTA Vice City
GTA Vice City Stories
- Parked in a parking lot by Escobar International Airport in Viceport.
- Always parked outside the smuggling empire sites owned by the player.
GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City
- Often Spawns in Rotterdam Hill,
- South Slopes (Broker), The Meat Quarter, Middle Park, Suffolk, Varsity Heights and Westminster (Algonquin).
- Sometimes spawn in Downtown and Outlook (Broker).
- Occasionally spawn in Berchem, Leftwood and Westdyke (Alderney).
- Sometimes parked in a driveway in Beachgate.
- Rarely spawns in Northwood.
GTA Chinatown Wars
- Can be purchased from Auto Merchant at $700.
- Starts to spawn consistently after the player has completed Trevor's Minutemen Strangers and Freaks side-mission strand.
- Appears in Paleto Bay (eg. One spawns on the side of the road in front of the tattoo parlour).
- Spawns more commonly in Downtown Los Santos when the player is driving another muscle car. E.g. Dominator, Gauntlet, or Phoenix.
- Appears rarely driving along the Great Ocean Highway.
- Usually spawns when driving the Phoenix or Dominator.
- Hillary King
- Tommy Vercetti (after completing the second List in the Sunshine Autos Import Garage)
- Vic Vance (If he owns a Smuggling Business)
- The Sabre Turbo and Sabre GT plays following radio stations by default when entered:
- In the GTA Vice City beta, the Sabre Turbo had twin tail lights and had its grille split in the middle.
- A unique Sabre Turbo can be obtained in GTA Vice City, during the mission The Driver.
- Even though the Sabre Turbo in GTA Vice City Stories has dual exhaust pipes, exhaust fumes only come from the right pipe.
- The Sabre may receive it's name due to its real-life counterpart the Oldsmobile Cutlass, as the names are two types of swords.
- On the back cover of the GTA IV disc case, there's a picture of Niko outrunning several Police Cruisers in a red and white Sabre GT.
- In GTA IV, the police refer to the Sabre GT as a "Classique Sabre GT", but this car is made by Declasse, although it looks like an Oldsmobile.
- After collecting all cars for Stevie he agrees to purchase cars off Niko, with the Sabre GT fetching $2000
- In GTA V, the Sabre Turbo was used to show off the modification aspects of the game.
- One of the cars on which the Sabre Turbo is based in the HD universe, the Buick GSX, prominently appeared on one of the promotional posters for the original Grand Theft Auto.
- Sabre, the standard version of the Sabre Turbo.
- Cholo Sabre, a variant of the Sabre Turbo, appearing exclusively to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
- Stallion - A similar muscle car appearing in most Grand Theft Auto titles.
- Tampa - A similar muscle car appearing in GTA IV.