Other than the presence of a racing stripe, the Sabre Turbo appears largely the same as a standard Sabre, down to the rims. The GTA Vice City rendition of this vehicle appears only in red and striped in white color (this is fixed to the car in the .txd file in gta3.img) whereas in GTA Vice City Stories, it appears in several colors, while retaining a racing stripe that is constantly light green. In GTA Vice City Stories Cholo Sabre looks the same as Sabre Turbo only it has yellow color with white stripe.
Compared to a regular Sabre, the Sabre Turbo is capable of better acceleration, top speed and cornering, and emits a different engine sound from its stock counterpart. Due to its modified engine, the car also emits a noise associated with vintage turbo-charged engines.
In GTA Vice City Stories, its performance traits are similar to that of the Polaris V8.
GTA Vice City
GTA Vice City Stories
- Parked in a parking lot by Escobar International Airport in Viceport.
- Always parked outside the smuggling empire sites owned by the player.
- The Sabre Turbo plays the radio station Wildstyle by default when entered in GTA Vice City.
- In the GTA Vice City Intro, you can see a clip of a Sabre Turbo with twin taillights on both sides, as opposed to the game version, which has just a single taillight on both sides.
- Unique Sabre Turbo can be obtained in GTA Vice City, during the mission The Driver.
- Even though the Sabre Turbo in GTA Vice City Stories has dual exhaust pipes, the exhaust fumes is only coming through the right pipe.
- Sabre GT, a very similar muscle car in Grand Theft Auto IV
- Cholo Sabre, a variant of the Sabre Turbo, appearing in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories