|This article or section is Under Construction.|
Safehouses (also known as properties) are buildings featured in Grand Theft Auto Online for the player to purchase and inhabit. They can be used as a place to sleep, shower, watch TV, hang out with friends and more.
DescriptionSimilar to GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas, safehouses can be purchased by the player. They are mostly found in the eastern area of Los Santos and can be bought either on spot or by the in-game Dynasty 8 website, where all available houses are listed. Originally, players could only own one property, but after the release of the High Life update, players are now able to own up to two.
There are three different house tiers, distinguishable by their interiors and the capacity of their garages: Low-end ones, with a garage for 2 vehicles, Medium ones, with a garage for 6 vehicles, and High-end ones, with a garage for 10 vehicles. Originally, the only available type of safehouses were apartments, but after the Independence Day Special update players are now also able to purchase low-end and medium villas in the outskirts of Los Santos and in the countryside.
When purchased, houses can be either accessed by the front door or by their garage. They can also be set as spawn points for when the player enters Online. While the appearance of interiors varies depending on the garage capacity (see interiors for more information), as standard all houses are equipped with a television, computer, multiple drinks on the kitchen, a bed, radio, shower enclosures, and closets. Safehouses with 10-car garages also include a telescope.
Multiple activities can be performed while in safehouses, including:
- Watching television (including entrance and garage security cameras and viewing other players)
- Changing clothes in the closet
- Taking showers in the bathroom (which can be used to wash the character's blood away from their bodies after a gunfight)
- Sleeping on the bed
- Browsing the Internet on the computer
- Calling in strippers after getting their number from the Vanilla Unicorn
- Drinking any of the available drinks (wine, whiskey, green juice)
- Smoking from bongs
- Looking through the telescope (if the house has one)
- Inviting friends over to hang out
There are four different interiors for safehouses that vary depending on the capacity of their garage.
|House tier||Image||Garage capacity||Description||Price range (Cheapest to most expensive)||Houses / Locations and prices|
||A small ghetto-style house, with cheap furniture and low lighting. Features a medium living room with an open kitchen and a small messy bedroom and bathroom. Doesn't feature any sort of window view. Uses some assets from the Clinton residence.||$80,000 to $121,000||
||Medium sized house, with slightly better furniture and better lighting. Features a medium bedroom and living room with an open kitchen and a small bathroom. Also doesn't feature any sort of window view. Uses some assets from Floyd's Apartment.||$128,000 to $175,000||
||Large open space apartment, with a modern decoration and good lighting. Features a big living room with an open kitchen, a big bedroom and a medium bathroom. Also has a separate division for the closet and a small studio near the entrance. Includes a large panoramic window view that allows the player to see the surrounding world. Uses some assets from Franklin's house in 3671 Whispymound Drive.||$200,000 to $400,000||
||Added in the High Life update, a medium-Large apartment, slightly less lighting and open space than the other top tier one, but still as luxorious in decoration. Features a slightly smaller living room and kitchen but a larger entrance hallway. Uses some assets from Franklin's house in 3671 Whispymound Drive and Floyd's Apartment. The bathroom and the closet are the same as that of the first high-end interiors. The garage looks the same as other 10-car ones.||$468,000 to $500,000|
High-end (First style)
High-end (Second style, High Life Update)
- While inside a safehouse, players cannot draw their weapons, probably to prevent harm to visitors and hosts.
- Originally, players weren't able to run inside of interiors. They are now able to run inside as of patch 1.07.
- Players aren't able to shower if there is more than one player inside the bathroom at the time. When a player showers, the bathroom door is locked until the shower stops.
- If a player manages to be inside the bathroom at the same time as another player is showering, he will find that the other player is showering in underwear and flip flops.
- Occasionally, random pedestrians may spawn inside the player's safehouse, interacting with props that aren't there. They exhibit strange behavior; they may begin walking against a wall or piece of furniture, as if they don't see that it is there. A common occurrence is a pedestrian sitting at a desk typing on a computer. If the player bumps into the pedestrian, they may become hostile and try to kill the player.
- Due to the fact that weapons cannot be wielded in safehouses, players will be unable to fight back.