|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV (unseen)|
Grand Theft Auto V (mentioned)
|Full name:||Sammy Bottino|
|Also known as:||Sonny|
|Date of birth:||1965|
|Place of birth:||Broker, Liberty City|
|Family:||Antonia Bottino - Daughter|
Dario Bottino - Unknown
Sammy "Sonny" Bottino is an unseen character in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V, and a former underboss of the Gambetti Family. He had been Don Jon Gravelli's right hand man but went into hiding out west in 2007 due to murder charges being pinned on him in Vice City. After going into hiding, he was replaced by Roy Zito as the acting underboss of the Gambetti Family.
According to his daughter Antonia, Sammy pretty much ran the East Coast in the '80s and '90s. In 2011 he was arrested, took a plea bargain and became a snitch. In 2013 one of Bottino's many enemies had two men kidnap his daughter and attempt to bury her alive in the San Andreas desert however she was saved in the nick of time by either Trevor, Michael, or Franklin. Afterwards she had $60,000 transferred into the account of whichever character saved her.
Prior to his 2011 arrest Bottino had been arrested on four other occasions: in 1981 for grand theft auto, in 1982 for hijacking, in 1984 for manslaughter and in 1993 for racketeering. As part of his plea deal he currently resides in a five star cell.
LCPD Database information
First Name: Sammy
Place of Birth: Broker, Liberty City
Affiliations: Gambetti Crime Syndicate
- 1981 - Grand Theft Auto
- 1982 - Hijacking
- 1984 - Manslaughter
- 1993 - Racketeering
- Wanted for murder in Vice City.
- Believed to be Jon Gravelli's right hand man and his logical successor as the head of the Gambetti Crime Syndicate.
- Sammy Bottino is loosely based off of Gambino underboss Salvatore "Sammy The Bull" Gravano.
- He wouldn't allow his daughter to participate in the reality show "Wise Bitches" (obviously based on Mob Wives) because she is a daddy's girl and he was protective of her.
- Although his first name is Sammy most people call him Sonny.
- His surname is mispelled "Botino" on the LCPD Database.
- Although his daughter Antonia claims that he ran the east coast in the '80s and '90s this is unlikely since he would have only been in his mid teens-early 30s. This is probably an exaggeration on her part or passed on to her by somebody else.