State of San Andreas
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Name:||State of San Andreas|
|Capital:||Most likely Los Santos|
San Andreas, is the state and location in which the player can explore in Grand Theft Auto V, being a sequel to its GTA SA rendition. The playable part of San Andreas, consists in two counties: the Los Santos County and Blaine County. It can be assumed however that Red County also exists in the state since it is mentioned in Grand Theft Auto IV.
Los Santos County
- See main article : Los Santos County
The Los Santos County is the southern county of the state, it has the city of Los Santos and a large variety of highlands, beaches and interconnected highways. The town of Chumash is located in the west side of the county with a large beach bordering the county and the ocean. It is bordered by the north with the Blaine County by the Zancudo River.
- See main article : Blaine County
Blaine County is the northern county of the state, mostly known for its wildlife, including deserts, highlands, seas and forests. There are three towns in the county, Sandy Shores, Grapeseed and Paleto. One of the most visited landmarks in the county is Mount Chiliad.
The state features four different towns.
- See main article : Sandy Shores.
The town of Sandy Shores is the most notable due to this being the home of one of the protagonists, Trevor Philips. The town is located in the centre of the Grand Senora Desert, with the Alamo Sea to the north.
- See main article : Chumash.
Chumash is a town mostly based off of Malibu, California. It is supposedly populated by hipsters, as stated by Dave Norton. There are many beachfront homes and some docks. It is bordered by the Great Ocean Highway.
- See main article : Paleto.
Paleto is the northernmost town in the state. Paleto is known for being a visited landmark for people who like basejumping from the Mount Chiliad. There are many services like a bank.
- See main article : Grapeseed.
Grapeseed is a town located at the northeast of the Alamo Sea, the town contains a lot of farms and is the second biggest town in the state, just behind the nearby town of Sandy Shores.
Grand Theft Auto IV + Episodes
There are numerous references to San Andreas in GTA IV. These include characters mentioning locations, TV shows, and radio, however it is hinting towards the GTA SA Rendition of San Andreas instead of the current.
As seen by character dialogues and internet sites, the city names Los Santos (including Vinewood), Red County, San Fierro and Las Venturas are still used, confirming that these locations exist in the Grand Theft Auto IV era, though it's possible that these cities are a part of the State of San Andreas but are not included in the Grand Theft Auto V rendition.
Grand Theft Auto IV
- As the name suggests, Venturas Poker Challenge takes place in Las Venturas, and shows footage of Prickle Pine, Old Venturas Strip, V-Rock Hotel, The High Roller, and Verdant Meadows.
- The show Patriot 500 depicts Carl Johnson driving a Hotring Racer around Los Santos International Airport.
- Many characters are born in either Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas.
- In multiplayer female face #2 says "This isn't San Andreas! DRIVE, hippy!" during races.
- The clothing line Enema is based in Los Santos.
- In the mission First Date after arriving at Firefly Island, Michelle might comment on how she thinks they are turning the amusement park into a Las Venturas themed park.
- During the mission Meltdown where you have to chase Luca and his crew, the initial cutscene before Luca drives off he says "next stop, Las Venturas baby!"
In Grand Theft Auto IV, the stats can say "miles traveled from Liberty City to Los Santos". In The Ballad of Gay Tony, it says "miles traveled from Liberty City to Las Venturas". Also, when you hear other pedestrians on the sidewalk or the street talking on the phone, you may hear them mention San Andreas.
Episodes From Liberty City
- At the end of the mission Shifting Weight, Malc jokes that he and Johnny should get a room at the Jefferson Motel, a motel in Los Santos.
- During gang wars against the Angels of Death, Johnny will sometimes yell "Go back to San Fierro!"