San Andreas Fire Department
|Common name:||San Andreas Fire Department|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
In total, the FDSA operates three fire stations in the state, each located in Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas. The stations themselves do not have any prominent use except to spawn Fire Trucks. There is also a non-functional, unmarked fire station near the control tower at Easter Bay Airport, San Fierro.
The designs of fire stations in the game are not consistent. On one hand, there is no fire station in Los Santos, although a Fire Truck can be found at the base of the Old Codger Antiques building. On the other hand, the Las Venturas fire station is numbered (bearing a "Las Venturas Fire Station No. 3" signage), has an address number ("6254"), and is even touted to house a "Hazardous Materials Response Team" (HAZMAT).
List of Fire Stations
- Los Santos Fire Station
- San Fierro Fire Station
- Las Venturas Fire Station
- Easter Bay Airport Fire Station
Whilst firefighters throughout the three cities of San Andreas use the same Fire Truck (other than the ladder variant), each city, much like the divisions of the San Andreas Police Department, feature their own firefighter designs, although they are simply retextures:
- The Los Santos firefighter uniform consists of a yellow suit with red and white stripes (with "LSFD" lettering sewn at the back), and a yellow helmet with transparent goggles.
- The San Fierro firefighter uniform consists of a black suit with red and white stripes (with "SFFD" lettering sewn at the back), and a black helmet with black goggles.
- The Las Venturas firefighter uniform consists of a yellow suit with yellow and white stripes (with "LVFD" lettering sewn at the back), and a black helmet with black goggles.
In addition to conventional Fire Trucks equipped with a deck-mounted fire hose, the FDSA also features a "ladder" variant which sports a movable ladder. The ladder variant is prominently featured during the final storyline mission, End of the Line. The conventional variant is available in all fire stations, but the ladder variant is only found at the San Fierro Fire Department. The FDSA is also implied to operate Raindance helicopters, which bear the FDSA name, as well as being colored blue, yellow and white. However, the helicopter has no special use or sub-missions.
- The livery for the department's firetrucks refer to the State of San Andreas as a county.