San Fierro is one of the fictional locations featured in the Grand Theft Auto series. So far, it has only had one rendition, appearing in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. San Fierro is in the state of San Andreas.
The city also exists in the HD Universe, which started afresh in the current canon. It has been mentioned many times in Grand Theft Auto IV, its episodes and Grand Theft Auto V, along with other locations from the GTA series and other Rockstar titles. As the HD Universe is apart from the old GTA games and follows a separate canon, it is possible that Rockstar will redesign the city in the same way they did with Liberty City and Los Santos if it is to make an appearance in a future GTA game. It is not present in GTA V's San Andreas; if it is to appear in any other future game, it will most likely feature it's own state, if not share one with another city.
The city of San Fierro is based on San Francisco.
References in GTA IV
- Many characters in the LCPD Database, such as Jeremy St. Ives, Eddie Low and Lola Del Rio were born in San Fierro.
- Chris Cummings, the presumed winner of Venturas Poker Challenge was also born in San Fierro.
- Bernie Crane says he will move to San Fierro with his boyfriend Bryce Dawkins, as he claims that they treat homosexuals better there.
- The billionaire Paulo family own a large home in Calton Heights, San Fierro, indicating that this district exists in the HD Universe.
- On Blogsnobs.org, Inyapuper.blogsnobs.org is the blog of a 19-year old high schooler from San Fierro.
- On Liesdamnlies.net, the users Steve, Loch Ness, Mary and Bildeberg are all from San Fierro.
- One of the Angels of Death NPCs also mentions that last time he was in San Fierro, he almost came back in a box.
References in The Lost and Damned
- The Angels of Death were founded in San Fierro. During gang wars between The Lost MC and the Angels of Death, Johnny will sometimes yell, "Go back to San Fierro!"
- Many characters, such as Lester Arnold, were born in San Fierro.
References in The Ballad of Gay Tony
- San Fierro is engraved on the wall of the ground floor of the Rotterdam Tower, along with Vice City, Los Santos, Las Venturas and Liberty City.
- Like Bernie Crane, Gay Tony talks about moving to San Fierro because homosexuals are treated better there.
References in GTA V
- Fabien LaRouche lived in San Fierro until 1999 (having moved there from France) before moving to Los Santos, because he had many charges in San Fierro.
- Supermodel Kerry McIntosh, who appears in the Vinewood Souvenirs - Kerry side mission (as well as a Club Management mission in the Ballad of Gay Tony) was born in San Fierro.
- Lester Arnold
- Chris Cummings
- Lola Del Rio
- Cherise McCormic
- Kerry McIntosh
- Fabien LaRouche (until 1999)
- Eddie Low
- Jeremy St. Ives