Santa Maria Beach is a district to the southwest of the city center of Los Santos, and is controlled by the Grove Street Families. Carl Johnson owns a home in the area, although he primarily lives in the Johnson House in Ganton. The beach is based on the Santa Monica Beach. Santa Maria Beach has a population of 44 as of 1992.
As mentioned above, Santa Maria Beach is a stronghold for the Temple Drive Families. Usually, members of the Temple Drive Families and the Temple Drive Ballas have a gunfight near this area, as Verona Beach, a Ballas-controlled district, is just east of Santa Maria Beach. Later on in the storyline, upon the player's return to Los Santos, this area belongs to the Ballas, but can be reclaimed as GSF territory through gang warfare.
Events of GTA San Andreas
Santa Maria Beach plays a relatively small role in the storyline of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. In High Stakes, Low Rider the finish line for the race is on the pier offshore. Santa Maria Beach features during the Life's a Beach mission, where Carl Johnson steals a sound van for Jeffrey "OG Loc" Cross. During the mission, Carl also dances with the DJ. Later on in the storyline, Frank Tenpenny sends Carl to follow and kill an informant in the mission Snail Trail, who goes to the end of the pier in Santa Maria Beach. Santa Maria Beach also appears during the mission Cut Throat Business, where Carl Johnson and Madd Dogg chase OG Loc across parts of Los Santos and Flint County. Santa Maria Beach is also the starting point for the triathlon events that take place in Los Santos.
Places of Interest
- The Beach House
- The Brown Starfish Bar and Grill
- Carmel Corn
- Gelatto Splatto
- Hippy Art Shit
- Pay 'n' Spray
- Pier Pressure Pizzeria
- Son of a Beach
- Tertro Broadway
- Grenades - Midway down Yacht Harbor, behind a building
- Pistol - In front of a shack to the left of the pier
- BF Injection (occasionally)
- Clover (occasionally)
- Flash (occasionally)
- Feltzer (occasionally)
- Greenwood (occasionally)
- Oceanic (occasionally)
- Perennial (occasionally)
- Previon (occasionally)
- Primo (occasionally)
- Raindance (after the mission Learning to Fly)
- Washington (occasionally)
- Voodoo (occasionally)
- The area doesn't involve any Wanted Level. With exception the player had been committed any criminal actions throughout the vicinity for a little long time.
- Even the player had one star wanted level, there are no police spawning around. It will be spawn (Patrol vehicles only) if the player had two stars.
- If the player hides under the bridge while there is rain, it is revealed that rain can fall through the bridge.
- The Pay 'n' Spray in this area has a wrong logo. Next to the main Pay 'n' Spray logo, there is a small Verona Beach word written on it, even though the Pay 'n' Spray is actually located in Santa Maria Beach.
- In front of the parking lot next to the safehouse, there is a replica of a large sand roller which is located in the real-life Santa Monica Beach in California. This sand roller has small indentations on its roller which resemble the overhead view of a cityscape, so when rolled across the beach, the cityscape is imprinted in the sand.
- The name is a reference to the ship used in Columbus' voyages, Santa Maria.
- Its HD Universe equivalent's name is also related to the discovery of America.
|Neighborhoods and districts in Los Santos, San Andreas|
|Commerce • Downtown • East Beach • East Los Santos • El Corona • Ganton • Glen Park • Idlewood • Jefferson • Las Colinas • Little Mexico • Los Flores • Los Santos International Airport • Marina • Market • Mulholland • Ocean Docks • Pershing Square • Playa del Seville • Richman • Rodeo • Santa Maria Beach • Temple • Verdant Bluffs • Verona Beach • Vinewood • Willowfield|