Santa Maria Beach is a district to the southwest of the city center of Los Santos, and is controlled by the Grove Street Families. Carl Johnson owns a home in the area, although he primarily lives in the Johnson House in Ganton. The beach is based on the Santa Monica Beach. Santa Maria Beach has a population of 44 as of 1992.
As mentioned above, Santa Maria Beach is a stronghold for the Temple Drive Families. Usually, members of the Temple Drive Families and the Temple Drive Ballas have a gunfight near this area, as Verona Beach, a Ballas-controlled district, is just east of Santa Maria Beach. Later on in the storyline, upon the player's return to Los Santos, this area belongs to the Ballas, but can be reclaimed as GSF territory through gang warfare.
Events of GTA San Andreas
Santa Maria Beach plays a relatively small role in the storyline of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. In High Stakes, Low Rider the finish line for the race is on the pier offshore. Santa Maria Beach features during the Life's a Beach mission, where Carl Johnson steals a sound van for Jeffrey "OG Loc" Cross. During the mission, Carl also dances with the DJ. Later on in the storyline, Frank Tenpenny sends Carl to follow and kill an informant in the mission Snail Trail, who goes to the end of the pier in Santa Maria Beach. Santa Maria Beach also appears during the mission Cut Throat Business, where Carl Johnson and Madd Dogg chase OG Loc across parts of Los Santos and Flint County. Santa Maria Beach is also the starting point for the triathlon events that take place in Los Santos.
Places of Interest
- The Beach House
- The Brown Starfish Bar and Grill
- Carmel Corn
- Gelatto Splatto
- Hippy Art Shit
- Pay 'n' Spray
- Pier Pressure Pizzeria
- Son of a Beach
- Tertro Broadway
- Grenades - Midway down Yacht Harbor, behind a building
- Pistol - In front of a shack to the left of the pier
- BF Injection (occasionally)
- Clover (occasionally)
- Flash (occasionally)
- Feltzer (occasionally)
- Greenwood (occasionally)
- Oceanic (occasionally)
- Perennial (occasionally)
- Previon (occasionally)
- Primo (occasionally)
- Raindance (after the mission Learning to Fly)
- Washington (occasionally)
- Voodoo (occasionally)
- During Amphibious Assault, Carl reveals to Wu Zi Mu that he once got a condom stuck to his face whilst swimming in the sea off Santa Maria Beach.
- If Carl is standing under a bridge whilst it is raining, the rain will pass through the bridge.
- The Pay 'n' Spray in this area has an incorrect address. Next to the main Pay 'n' Spray logo, a Verona Beach address is written on the sign, even though the Pay 'n' Spray is located in Santa Maria Beach.
- Santa Maria Beach is a reference to the Santa Maria, one of the ships in Christopher Columbus' fleet when he discovered America in 1492.
|Neighborhoods and districts in Los Santos, San Andreas|
|Commerce • Downtown • East Beach • East Los Santos • El Corona • Ganton • Glen Park • Idlewood • Jefferson • Las Colinas • Little Mexico • Los Flores • Los Santos International Airport • Marina • Market • Mulholland • Ocean Docks • Pershing Square • Playa del Seville • Richman • Rodeo • Santa Maria Beach • Temple • Verdant Bluffs • Verona Beach • Vinewood • Willowfield|