Satchel Charges are a remote-detonated explosive from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
A Satchel Charge in GTA San Andreas.
|Appearance(s):||GTA San Andreas|
|Unlocked After:||Against All Odds|
When satchel charges are planted, the player gains a detonator in an additional weapon slot; by firing the detonator, the charges explode. Satchel charges can be detonated from any distance, and with any time delay, assuming they still exist. There is a limit on the amount of satchel charges that can be placed in the game: 32. After the limit is reached, any further placement of the charges won't appear in the game. However, after completing the game to 100%, Carl can hold infinite Satchel Charges, but still can throw only 32 at once. They will stick to people, walls and vehicles if thrown on them.
Note that once you place a satchel charge, citizens around you will begin to scream and run away, and most of the time, you will receive a one-star wanted level. Even pressing the detonator in public without having thrown any charges will earn police attention
- Montgomery, Red County - Between the betting shop and another building.
- Avispa Country Club, San Fierro - Behind the main building of the country club.
- Paradiso, San Fierro - In a house at the corner of an intersection with a staircase.
- The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas - Outside the casino once all 50 Horseshoes have been found.
- Available to buy from Ammu-Nation for $2,000 after completion of Against All Odds.
- CJ's girlfriends seem to be immune to any damage taken from Satchel Charges; No matter how many charges the player sticks on or nearby the girlfriend, she will not die or be harmed by them at all. This also applies to other explosives.
- If the player throws a Satchel Charge and then saves the game, the charges disappear, but the Detonator will still be in the player's inventory.
- In the mission Against All Odds Carl is handed some Satchel Charges by Catalina, which he replied "Satchel charges?! Where the hell'd you get them?", because satchel charges begin to sell when the player reach further into the game.
- Satchel Charges are sold as "Remote Explosives" in Ammu-Nation shops, costing $2000 per unit.
- It's possible to have bombs stick onto CJ via bouncing or multiplayer mode. The bomb will not disappear if CJ enters a cutscene or a building.
- Bombs will not affect how a vehicle handle but can sink vehicles and destroyed boats in water, if placed onto the vehicle.
- Bombs cannot stick onto animal models (dolphins and turtles) nor kill them.