|Appearance(s):|| GTA San Andreas|
GTA IV:The Lost and Damned
GTA San Andreas
Despite being a shotgun, it is held like a Pistol, the player can even sprint while holding it. It is double barreled and can only fire two shells before a rather lengthy reload. At hitman level, the player can dual wield it and fire four shells instead. With hitman skill and unlimited ammo, the sawn-off shotgun is almost as powerful as a rocket launcher, as it will blow up a car with about 6 shells and a helicopter with about 24 and a Rhino if you give it enough shots.
The Lost and Damned
The sawn-off shotgun can now be used while riding motorcycles (not driving cars) to perform drive-bys. It only holds two shells per reload and a short effective range, but it is very powerful. It is exclusive to The Lost and Damned and cannot be found in Grand Theft Auto IV, nor in The Ballad of Gay Tony. The sawn-off shotgun is very powerful at close ranges. This can be used to instantly set a vehicle on fire by shooting the rear tires. This weapon is usually a 1 hit kill at close range, but sometimes takes 2 hits.
GTA San Andreas
- East Los Santos, Los Santos - On the roof of The Pig Pen
- Ganton, Los Santos - Available inside the Johnson House upon spraying over all 100 Gang Tags
- Ocean Docks, Los Santos - Inside a train trailer. Initially, this one appears unobtainable as it is not possible to climb or jump inside the trailer; instead, it is obtainable by driving a car between the platform and the boxcar creating a bridge to get the sawed-off shotgun.
- Vinewood, Los Santos - Between two studios
- Palomino Creek, Red County - Behind the wall opposite of Jazz Mags, in front of a door of a house
- Whitewood Estates, Las Venturas - Behind the Sindacco Abattoir
- Redsands West, Las Venturas - Behind a dumpster in the alley south of the Xoomer gas station, east of the Las Venturas Bandits Stadium
- Las Venturas Airport, Las Venturas - Atop a building south of the curvy road servicing the Las Venturas Airport
The Lost and Damned
- Given to the player at the beginning of the game
- Can be bought at Terry's gun van.
- Available at the player's safehouses after completing 10 Gang Wars
- Seen during the mission Buyer's Market. It can be found behind cover when escaping from the building and the cops.
- You can call Jim and ask for one - (Until the mission Was It Worth It.)
- As its name implies, the sawn-off shotgun is usually produced by home-made modification of a standard shotgun. In countries where handguns and pistol ammunition are rare due to legal restrictions or high price, criminals are known to convert legal or stolen hunting weapons into concealable weapons.
- The Lost and Damned's rendition features dual triggers and hammers whice are exposed.
- It is the first weapon used by Johnny Klebitz in the Lost and Dammed.
- Oddly, if looked upon closely while firing the sawn-off shotgun, it ejects shells after every shot. This would not happen in real life, as the shotgun depicted in-game is a break action, and the shells would stay in the chamber and would need to be manually removed.
- In GTA San Andreas, if the Infinite ammo cheat is enabled and the player's weapons statistics are at maximum, this weapon is more than capable of taking out any foe the player encounters, even more so as CJ can move while he shoots.
- The name "Sawn-Off Shotgun" is quite confusing. Because "Sawn-Off" or "Sawed-off" is a term to refer a shotgun which the barrel is shortened to increase the spread, even it is an automatic or pump action shotgun. Usually, Sawn-Off Shotguns with a break-open type are referred as "Lupara".
- Johnny Klebitz starts TLAD with 100 rounds of total ammunition for his Sawn-off shotgun.
- Sawn-off shotguns are extremely unreliable in gunfights in GTA SA, as their range is limited, and occasionally, even if the player locks onto an enemy, the shotgun will miss its mark.
- It also makes an appearance in Red Dead Redemption, and Max Payne 3 as part of a DLC, other games by Rockstar.