Schottler Medical Center
View of the main entrance of the hospital.
|Name:||Schottler Medical Center|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Real World Counterpart:||Brooklyn Hospital Center|
The hospital includes a small patch of grass in front of the building and an ambulance bay in the rear; though they most often are parked in front. The building has a similar interior to that of the Westdyke Memorial Hospital in Alderney. There is an automatic sliding door and the waiting area which includes pedestrians sitting down, a Sprunk vending machine, and a health pack. The hospital includes an intensive care ward where injured people lie on beds.
- Bleed Out by Roman Bellic (if Niko does not rescue Roman in the mission Bleed Out and goes on his date with Michelle instead, the player is advised to pick up Roman at the hospital)
- Entourage by Jon Gravelli
- Dining Out by Jon Gravelli
- Liquidize the Assets by Jon Gravelli
- Jon Gravelli - After Niko kills Pegorino or Dimitri at the end of the storyline, Gravelli peacefully dies in his sleep prior to his trial.
InfluencesIt is based on the Wyckoff Heights Medical Center in the Brooklyn area of Bushwick.
- Near the ER department, there's a radio that dispatches medical teams through-out the city, for example, the dispatcher says: "Dispatch a Medical Team for a possible case of Anthrax in Hove Beach". However, medical crews are never seen dispatching from a hospital.
- Inside the ER department you can see small and sometimes large water bugs crawling on the floor. This is also noticed in the Westdyke Memorial Hospital.
- East of the entrance to the ER department, there are locked doors with a window. A sign on the doors says "These Doors Are LOCKED for your own safety". Inside the window, there are curtains covering the window and mysterious red lights inside the room, these rooms can also be seen (but not accessed) in the Westdyke Memorial Hospital.
- When you're in a Taxi, Cabby or a Roman's Taxi, and you put a waypoint to this hospital, Niko will tell the driver to go to Algonquin-Dukes Expressway, but the hospital is on Cassidy Street.
- An easy way to earn the One Man Army achievement is to walk into the Schottler Medical Center, kill the people in the waiting room, and hide behind the pillar in the back of the waiting room. A good shot will be able to hold off the police and if you run low on health, you can grab the health pack at the front of the room during a break in the police onslaught.