The Sea Sparrow is an improved version of the Sparrow, featuring pontoons instead of landing skids, and a .50 caliber machine gun mounted below its fuselage. The pontoons make it possible for the Sea Sparrow to land on water without sinking.
In GTA Vice City, it is unlocked only by collecting 80 hidden packages and is not found anywhere else in the game.
In GTA San Andreas, the Sea Sparrow does not require unlocking, and can be found in certain places, although these locations are in regions that themselves need to be unlocked first.
In GTA Vice City Stories, the Sea Sparrow is used during the mission "The Colonel's Coke" and side-mission "Land Sea and Air Ace", but cannot be accessed outside of these missions. Because of its fully exposed engine, the Sea Sparrow is highly susceptible to gunfire.
It is, however, particularly useful for reaching Collectibles in GTA San Andreas, quick maneuvering, and shooting down other helicopters. Sea Sparrows are also useful in collecting oysters, since oysters are always located in water areas spread across the state.
- In GTA Vice City Stories, if you land the Sea Sparrow on the land and exit the vehicle, the helicopter will not be steady, unlike in GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City.
- In GTA Vice City, the Sea Sparrow's machine gun is like the sound of M-60 while in GTA Vice City Stories, it sounds like Micro-SMG or Minigun.
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
- At the southeast end of Sherman Dam, opposite the dam's quay.
- North of Verdant Meadows, beside a shack and a dock
- On the helipad in Bayside Marina (occasionally).
- At the Western Los Santos Police Department occasionally, very hard to obtain, taking in account the low ceiling level and the three-star impound. Must be pushed by the player using a car or otherwise before taking off or else the blades bump in the nearby pillar and will not move.
GTA Vice City Stories
- Only used in the misson The Colonel's Coke for shooting Gonzalez's rival gunmen, it cannot be obtained by failing or passing the mission.
- Only used/seen during the side-mission, Land Sea and Air Ace, it can then be obtained by either completing the mission or exiting the vehicle to fail the mission.
- Buzzard, another attack helicopter from Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony and Grand Theft Auto V.
- Hunter, another attack helicopter from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
- Annihilator, another attack helicopter from Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned, and Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony.