|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
|Location:||Vercetti Estate, Starfish Island|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Time runs out
.308 Sniper available at Ammu-Nation
Assets available to purchase
|Unlocked by:||Rub Out|
- "Listen to me, the time to take over this town is now. It's all out there waiting for us!"
- ―Tommy Vercetti
After taking over Diaz's mansion, Tommy discusses with Lance Vance, Ken Rosenberg, and Avery Carrington on what to do next. Lance tells Tommy that some stores are refusing to pay protection after knowing Diaz's death. Tommy heads to the North Point Mall to do a hit and run on the shop fronts to scare them into paying protection. As he destroys the windows of the shops, Tommy gets increasing attention from the police. Tommy manages to smash all the windows of five shops within five minutes.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get to the North Point Mall in Vice Point
- Smash the panes of glass in each shop front and the owners will be begging for new protection
- An error can be seen in the cutscene, the player needs to destroy all the windows from the mall in 5 minutes, which represents 5 hours in GTA-Time, Tommy says that he returns in 5 minutes, which logically means 5 seconds in GTA-Time.
- This mission shares similarities with the mission Shakedown in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. Not only do they share the same name, they also feature the Protagonist hitting stores for protection money. They also take place in the same city, Vice City.
- The post mission phone call may be foreshadowing Avery's death in Liberty City Stories, although due to GTA LCS being released after Vice City, this may just be a coincidence.
- When you have a 1-star or a 2-star wanted level while you're shooting out the windows, you can grab the clothes icon in front of the Gash store or the worker cloth inside the tool up shop near it to clear your wanted level and get the cops off your back for a short while. However, just beware once you start shooting more glass, the wanted level instantly jumps back up again.
Post Mission Phone Call
- Avery Carrington: Howdy son, just thought I'd ring you up and give you some advice.
- Tommy Vercetti: Hey, Avery, what's eating you?
- Avery Carrington: There's a lot of opportunity in this town if you own the right real estate, you catch my drift?
- Tommy Vercetti: I reckon so...
- Avery Carrington: All I'm saying is keep your eyes open and you might find the perfect business opportunity. I'll catch y'later.
- Tommy Vercetti: Later, Avery.
|iPad 2 Version|