(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Law enforcement car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Sheriff Cruiser, like its LSPD equivalent the Police Cruiser, is based on various model years of the second generation Ford Crown Victoria with some elements of the Chevrolet Caprice product line from the fourth generation onward. It is painted in the Los Santos County Sheriff's livery rather than that of the LSPD.
The Sheriff Cruiser is sent when a crime is committed in the countryside. Two emergency light bars can be fitted, an LED one similar to what is seen on the Interceptor, and a rotating halogen incandescent one as seen in many screenshots.
The decal scheme is based off of those used on Los Angeles County Sheriff's vehicles. Unlike the Sheriff SUV, which has its decals stretch across both doors, cruisers' decals only cover the front doors like the LASD. The all-white livery is rare in California, but most prominently and relevantly used by San Bernandino County Sheriff.
The Sheriff Cruiser has a considerable amount of power under the hood. It is able to reach high speeds relatively quickly, and can maintain them under the right conditions and terrain. The car is very vulnerable to gunfire and crash deformation, it cannot survive even one crush from a Dump Truck. The cruiser being a police vehicle, it luckily compensates for its lack of durability with considerable agility, being able to take corners at speed with ease, should the player choose the Sheriff Cruiser when attracting police attention. Engine performance is identical to the Police Cruiser. However, the Sheriff Cruiser performs appropriately better than its urban counterpart off-road.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||145 / 233||
1400 / 3086
|8.6 Seconds||105 / 169||
Mass cannot be observed.
- Sometimes seen on the side of highways outside of Los Santos.
- Spawns randomly chasing Street Criminals.
- Appears at a 1 star or higher wanted level in Blaine County.
- Will spawn sometimes at the sheriff station in Paleto Bay.
- Spawns during some Random Events, such as the one at the Eastern Motel in Harmony.
- May spawn at the Sandy Shores Sheriff's Station.
- 2 may spawn chasing Trevor when switching characters.
- 2 or more will spawn at the Sandy Shores Sheriff's Station when occupied in one, or with a wanted level.
- A maximum of 3 will spawn in the car park of the Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office when occupied in one, or with a wanted level.
- The Sheriff Cruiser appear with the following aerial roof numbers: 03, 17, 42, 58.
- The Sheriff Cruiser variant of the Second-gen Stanier bears Los Santos County Sheriff's livery, however the same vehicles patrol further north, in Blaine County. This does not seem to be a mistake in the game, since a police station actually situated in Paleto Bay (North Blaine County) is a designated 'Los Santos County Sheriff's Office', and has its namesake cars in the lot.
- The default radio station of this vehicle is:
- The design of the cruiser is all white. The real LASD has a black and white "panda" livery, common to police cars on the West Coast. Most of the time, the all white design is for civilian volunteers on patrol.
- A strange glitch can happen where sheriff's deputies may chase the player in Vespucci Beach rather than the LSPD.
- This may be caused by the fact that along the shore and in the water, the player is considered outside of Los Santos proper and, thus, the responsibility of the sheriff's department.
- The Sheriff Cruiser of the Sandy Shores Sheriff's Station belongs to a female deputy and when spawned, the unit number will always be 03. When it spawns, the deputy will be either buying a taco from the Taco Van or is roaming around the Sandy Shores Airfield.
- There is a glitch where sheriff's deputies will arrive in a cruiser that has no light bar on top making it a slick top.
- In the beta, these cars had the old blue and yellow license plates. Also, they were originally black & white, similar to the LSPD Police Cruiser.
- The Sheriff Cruisers on scene at the Country Shootout sometimes glitch, with un-closed doors and non working sirens.
- A unique Sheriff Cruiser will spawn during a random event. It has a special set of Rock Crawler wheels and has been crashed into a tree by a Lost member and has a dead officer in it. One can obtain it by killing the Lost member, entering the cruiser, switch to another character and then, switching back, replenishing it's health and thus, re-activating its engine, allowing the player to drive and/or save it.