|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories|
|Location:||Pike Creek, Shoreside Vale, Liberty City|
|Unlocks:||More Deadly Than the Male|
|Unlocked by:||Dead Reckoning|
- "The Yakuza have got a load of weapons in Aspatria. Nothing can stop them now!"
- — Salvatore Leone.
Shogun Showdown is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Leone Family Don Salvatore Leone from the police station in the Pike Creek district of Shoreside Vale, Liberty City.
Salvatore, still irate at his imprisonment, continues to receive bad news. The Triads and Diablos are taking control of Portland Island, Miles O'Donovan won't allow him to go on bail and the Yakuza are arming themselves to move into Liberty City. Toni believes he can solve the problems and is told by Salvatore that the weapons are being held in Aspatria on Staunton Island. Toni drives to the compound, killing many Yakuza gang members, and steals a tank. He then takes it to 8-Ball's bomb shop in Newport, fitting it with a bomb and then, once at a distance, detonating the bomb, which destroys the tank.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Check out the Yakuza Compound
- Find a way inside the Compound
- Destroy the Tank
- An alternate method of destroying the tank is to carjack it and drive it into the river, jumping out before it goes in.
- Yet another alternate method is driving off the overpass, potentially flipping the tank upside down.
- Unusually, any wanted level gained during the mission remains in place even if you successfully complete the task.
- Another alternate method to destroy the tank is to use either molotov cocktails or the flamethrower on it as the tank itself is vulnerable to and can be destroyed by flames.