There are 20 convenience stores the player can rob in single-player Grand Theft Auto V. The player only needs to rob one to go toward 100% Completion of the game. The same 20 stores can be robbed in GTA Online, and can go towards an achievement.
There are 20 stores the player can rob in San Andreas. If you go into a convenience store without a gun in your hand the clerk is not alarmed and you can walk up to the counter and buy one of three snacks to restore lost health: P’s & Q’s, EgoChasers, or Meteorites. All of these snacks cost under $7.
To rob a convenience store, the player must enter one and produce a weapon, and aim it at the cashier so he becomes alarmed. The cashier will then begin to take money from the cash register and put it inside a plastic bag, which he will then drop over the counter so the player can pick it up. An "intimidation meter" is displayed at the lower right hand corner of the screen to indicate the time remaining until the cashier finishes putting all the money in the bag. In stores that have two cash registers, it's possible to shoot the second register open. You can sometimes get more cash from the second register than the first one that the clerk is unloading. Don't shoot the second register until the clerk hands over the cash so you don't trigger a premature Wanted Level. If the money bag drops behind the counter, quickly jump over the counter and retrieve it before exiting.
Lastly, if you enter a store without a clerk or if the clerk dies before he gets the register open, simply walk behind the counter and face the register until the prompt appears. Then, press Right on the D-pad to open the register and take the money. This method is much quicker than having to wait for the cashier to empty out the cash register into a bag, but the player will get one more wanted star if he does it this way. This doesn't work on a second register, so you will still need to shoot open the second register if there is one.
Another quick method is to shoot the clerk in a non-fatal area once, and he will run away. You can then go behind the counter and steal the money from the register yourself, while only getting 2 stars, assuming the clerk doesn't die.
When you pull your gun out (or if you walk in with a gun in your hand), there is a low percentage chance that the clerk will quickly raise a shotgun and point it at you, which is rare. The clerk usually complies with your demands when a gun is pointed at him. In this scenario, you can fire a warning shot. That usually gets his hands in the register.
It takes a little time for the clerk to load a grocery bag with the cash. It's not until the clerk throws the bag of money on the counter or the floor that you receive a one-star Wanted Level. When you step outside the convenience store doors with the loot, the level is raised to a two-star Wanted Level.
If a clerk did not pull a weapon in the beginning of the robbery, he won't at any other point during the robbery. It's not necessary to point the gun at him after he moves to unload the register. You can actually walk around the store while he fills it up. This also means you don't have to kill the clerk. Killing the clerk only raises the Wanted Level if he has not yet handed the money over. Shooting the clerk before the money exchange gives you a one-star Wanted Level.
It's easier to escape in rural areas, as the cops take longer to respond. Regardless, as soon as you exit the front doors, look at the radar to spot the location of the responding cops and then take off running in the opposite direction. In most cases, you can run behind the convenience store to first get out of sight. Then keep running in the opposite direction to get out of the area before attempting to hide and wait out the two-star Wanted Level.
- 24/7 Supermarket - Senora Freeway, Mount Chiliad
- Limited LTD Gasoline - Grapeseed Main Street, Grapeseed
- 24/7 Supermarket - Niland Avenue, Sandy Shores
- 24/7 Supermarket - Senora Freeway, Grand Senora Desert
- Scoops Liquor Barn - Route 68, Grand Senora Desert
- Liquor Ace - Algonquin Boulevard, Sandy Shores
- 24/7 Supermarket - Route 68, Harmony
- 24/7 Supermarket - Barbareno Road, Chumash
- 24/7 Supermarket - Ineseno Road, Banham Canyon
- Rob's Liquor - Great Ocean Highway, Banham Canyon
- Limited LTD Gasoline - Tongva Drive, Banham Canyon
- 24/7 Supermarket - Clinton Avenue, Downtown Vinewood
- 24/7 Supermarket - Palomino Freeway, Tatavian Mountains
- Limited LTD Gasoline - East Mirror Drive, Mirror Park
- Rob's Liquor - Prosperity Street, Morningwood
- Rob's Liquor - San Andreas Avenue, Vespucci Canals
- Limited LTD Gasoline - Next door to the Ammu-Nation on Lindsay Circus and Ginger Street, Little Seoul
- Rob's Liquor - El Rancho Boulevard, Murrieta Heights
- 24/7 Supermarket - Innocence Boulevard, Strawberry
- Limited LTD Gasoline - Grove Street, Davis