|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of GTA Wiki|
Smackdown is the first mission that Niko Bellic does for Derrick McReary in Grand Theft Auto IV. Derrick is one of the McReary brothers. In this mission Derrick asks Niko to kill one of his war mates, Bucky Sligo.
When Niko meets Derrick at the park in Acter, Alderney, he's severely intoxicated and incoherent. It takes a while for him to explain that he's got a problem. One of his War buddies, Bucky Sligo who was busted into prison by Derrick is now blackmailing him, threatening to kill his family. Derrick decides to end this, so he asks Niko to kill him.
In order to find Bucky's whereabouts the player will need to get access to a police computer, which means to grab a police car. There are a few parked nearby since an LCPD station is right around the block. Don't start driving yet; bring up the police computer by pressing Use and do a search for "Bucky Sligo" (or just "Bucky").
Once his hideout is on the radar, drive carefully to the destination. Watch out for the fences as the police cars get stuck easily in the chain-link fences. On the way, Niko will call Derrick and explain that Sligo's hideout is at the Burger Shot in Northern Alderney.
Pull up to the Burger Shot location. A cutscene shows Niko blasting the siren and Bucky riding away. His van is relatively slow. Just chase the van through the various alleys until he parks his van at his hideout. Gain cover behind your police car and kill Bucky. Then kill the men on the front porch. They have excellent cover so grenades are recommended.
Head inside the house and find cover. Toss some grenades and shoot the surviving goons. Then head upstairs and ambush the last of the men. Lose your two-star wanted level in a car. Derrick will call Niko while intoxicated and say that alive and dead are "both the same thing." Niko tells him he will speak to him when he is among the living.
Alternate Way to Attack Bucky's Men
An easier way to complete the mission is to follow it normally until Bucky arrives at the house and his gang starts shooting at Niko. Get out and crouch behind the car. Call 911 over and over again and eventually there will be about a dozen cops there, all of them focusing fire on the gang members, provided that the gang members were still shooting at Niko. The police will hear the gunshots and attack the gangsters, so make sure not to fire a weapon or gain a wanted level. Eventually, with luck, the police will enter the house and take out the rest of the gang members. After all the gang members are dead, the player will still receive a two star wanted level, so make sure to have a good getaway plan.
Or you can call Dwayne Forge's backup, then go around the house, and go through the back way for a little surprise. You still get a 2-star wanted level. There's usually a car in the drive-way for a getaway vehicle, Or you can just get in the police car after you've killed all the guys.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Find a cop car
- Use the police computer to find Bucky's hangout
- Search for BUCKY SLIGO
- Drive to Burger Shot where Bucky hangs out
- Follow Bucky to his crew
- You have found Bucky's crew, take down the whole gang
- Lose your wanted level
- If you're dating Kiki, and are on good terms with her, you can call her to lose the wanted level.
- Bucky Sligo - Killed by Niko on orders from Derrick.
- Bucky's crew - Killed by Niko in the shootout.
After the mission
- Shortly after you finish this mission, Niko gets a phone call from Brucie who says his pal Stevie will be in touch about "some cars he needs found". From now on Niko will receive text messages from Stevie with locations and photos of cars that he can steal and to deliver to him for a cash reward.
- Soon after you complete this mission, Niko will get a text from Ray Boccino. He tells Niko that he has set up a new safehouse for him in Alderney. It is located on Mahesh Avenue in Alderney City, not too far from the Booth Tunnel that connects Alderney and Algonquin.
- This is the first mission you are given in Alderney.