DescriptionSprunk is a carbonated lemon lime beverage claimed in a Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas radio commercial to contain "10 times the caffeine and sugar", mixed with mercury, ether and benzene, and packaged in fragmentation grenade-shaped cans. The Sprunk logo and color scheme are a caricature of Sprite and "spunk", a slang term for semen. The company's slogan in GTA IV is "The Essence of Life".
Sprunk establishments are found in both Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto IV. In San Andreas, players can find the offices of Sprunk in East Beach, Los Santos, as well as a factory in Montgomery, Red County. In GTA IV, opposite the Honkers in Alderney, there is a large Sprunk billboard, while an abandoned factory can be found in Tudor, Alderney.
Sprunk vending machines are dotted throughout Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto IV, from which the player can buy a can of Sprunk for $1, drink its contents to replenish their health, and throw the empty can away (for GTA IV, the player can pick up and throw the can again). A plastic bottle of Sprunk can also be bought from newspaper stands all over the city in GTA IV. A Sprunk vending machine is also featured in cutscenes in Roman's taxi depot, though it is otherwise inaccessible.Advertisements have also been featured in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Manhunt and Manhunt 2. The player can also download a Sprunk theme for their phone via Vipluxuryringtones.com in GTA IV, the Sprunk logo can be found on some Benson trucks in the same game. In Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, several billboards for Sprunk can be seen, and, in the PSP and iOS ports of the game, it is also one of the three to choose skins for your PDA.
In GTA IV, Sprunk is also a sponsor of the Venturas Poker Challenge on Weazel and an extreme base jumping competition on CNT in The Ballad of Gay Tony, where 16 contestants go head-to-head and race to base jump off of certain buildings in Liberty City.
GTA VA Sprunk vending machine can be seen in a couple of screenshots. They remain unchanged from GTA IV
- In the Bohan Warehouse in GTA IV, boxes and cans of Sprunk with the logo designs used in GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas can be found. This is also found on a refrigerator in TW@ Internet Cafes if you walk to the left of the door. The boxes will leak Sprunk soda if shot at.
- In GTA San Andreas, when CJ buys a can of Sprunk from a vending machine, he drinks it upside down.
- Sprunk is also featured in the Manhunt series.
- The name is a play on "Spunk":, a slang term for semen. This is reinforced by the Sprunk motto "The Essence of Life." The rising bubbles on the logo also resemble sperm.
- In GTA San Andreas, a Sprunk billboard featuring a short-haired woman can be found on the southern edge of Jefferson, Los Santos (next to the east-west expressway into the commercial heart of Los Santos), with the slogan "A Taste of Things to Come".Following a car chase during "Reuniting the Families" that ends with the gang's car crashing through the billboard, the billboard's slogan, partially cut away by a clean hole created from the crash, now reads "A Taste of _______Come", referring to "cum" (an informal term for semen). The billboard piece can in fact be destroyed before "Reuniting The Families" using any weapon.
- Sprunk co-exists with eCola, a seeming play of Coca-Cola. In reality, Sprite is a brand owned by Coca-Cola.
- Sprunk Xtreme seems to be a parody of either Mountain Dew's MDX variant or the AMP Energy brand as both Mountain Dew and Sprunk are major sponsors of an action sports tour.
- In GTA IV, Sprunk vending machines instead produce cans of Orang-O-Tang. Cans of Sprunk can be obtained, but only from eCola machines.
- The drink bottle advertised on GTA IV renditions of the Sprunk vending machines oddly resemble classic early 1900s Coca-Cola bottles despite Sprite being introduced much later, around the late 1970s.
- In GTA IV's files, the model name for one of the Sprunk bottles is labeled "Sprite Bottle", further evidence suggesting Sprunk is based off of Sprite.
- A ghost is believed to be in the abandoned Sprunk factory where the Russian mafia members hid.
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories & GTA Vice City Stories