(Rear quarter view).
|Also known as||Squallo (GTA VCS)|
"The Fastest Boat" (GTA VC nickname)
|Vehicle type||Civilian boat|
|Body style||Speed boat|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA Vice City|
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto V
|Manufacturer||Grotti (GTA IV|
Shitzu (GTA V)
The Grotti/Shitzu Squalo (spelt Squallo in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories) is a go-fast boat in the Grand Theft Auto series available in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Grand Theft Auto V.
Throughout its appearances before GTA IV, the Squalo is depicted with a long sleek hull, and, in GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas, are specifically given "Squalo II" and "Squalo III" names, respectively, suggesting a series of Squalos were released over time. The Squalo II is based on the Chris-Craft Stinger 390x, which was a vehicle used in Miami Vice. GTA IV's rendition of the Squalo, on the other hand, assumes a more curved and modern design, but is comparably shorter than its earlier counterparts. The Squalo is initially given a distinctive spoiler mounted over the occupants' seats in GTA Vice City, but was not present in the GTA San Andreas rendition. GTA Vice City Stories saw the return of the spoiler, while GTA IV features Squalos with or without a spoiler. Color variations may also vary between games. In its original appearance in GTA Vice City, the boat comes with a combination of a constant white with a variable bright color, while later renditions feature more flexible color choices.
The Squalo, like any high-end speedboat, possesses excellent speed and is the "fastest boat" as mentioned in one of Diaz's missions. Like any high-performance boat, the Squalo is capable of turning on a dime when the throttle is applied.
- In GTA IV, the player can cause the spoiler of a Squalo, if there is one, to detach as a result of a violent crash.
- Brucie Kibbutz owns a black and green Squalo, which is drivable when you select the Boating activity with him.
- "Squalo" is Italian for 'Shark'.
- If you look closely to the artwork of the Squalo, you may notice that Sonny Forelli is standing in it.
- In GTA San Andreas, on the back side of the Squalo, the phrase "San Andreas Co. 90210" is written, which might be reference to the zip code of Beverly Hills, California.
GTA Vice City
- Docked at the Boatyard, once it has been purchased. Activates the side-mission "Checkpoint Charlie" when entered.
GTA San Andreas
- Docked at Bayside Marina, next to the Boat School, after the player achieves silver in all lessons.
- Under Garver Bridge, San Fierro.
- On water near Gant Bridge, San Fierro Bay. This one usually has a special black and red paintjob.
GTA Vice City Stories
- Docked at the Marina in Ocean Beach, at the north dock.
- It can be bought by the player for around $4000 after you have finished Phil Cassidy missions at a small pier near the Vice City Junkyard in Little Haiti, Vice City.
GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City
- Brucie Kibbutz owns a Squalo, if you do the Boating activity with him, you commander the boat to a destination. However the player cannot steal it, if the player kills Brucie, you can be found back on land.
- Found docked near the abandoned casino in Alderney.
- Found docked just north of Colony Island.
- Commonly found on the waterways of Liberty City.
- Occasionally spawns in the waters near the beach in Westdyke, Alderney (normally different boats spawn there).
- It's used by Niko in the missions Babysitting, Catch the Wave, and A Revenger's Tragedy (Deal only).
- Can be bought on the DockTease website for $196,621.
- Can be found parked next to the Del Perro Pier with multiple Seasharks.