(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle type||Industrial vehicle|
|Body style||Box truck|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto IV|
DesignThe Steed closely resembles a 1992-1996 Ford Econoline delivery truck, and as such may be seen as a "successor" to the GTA III Era Mule, which was also depicted as a Ford E-Series box truck (the Mule reappears in the GTA IV Era alongside the Steed, however this new take on the Mule is based on the Isuzu Elf).
The Steed comes with various company names on the sides, such as, 24/7 Supermarkets, Krapea, Liberty Tree, Logger Beer, Raine, and Üder Milkén. As is with the majority of delivery vehicles, the Steed may also been seen with graffiti on its cargo hold. It also can have a blank variant with no company names or grafitti.
The Steed has a minor design flaw. The front license plate is notably smaller than the rest of Liberty City's license plates.
The Steed's engine is possibly a diesel V8 coupled to a 5 speed gearbox. Like most large vehicles, the Steed has poor acceleration and handling, but it has a very good top speed for a vehicle of its size at 103 mph. The braking is also very good with ABS as a standard equipment. Despite its height, the Steed doesn't tip over easily.
GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City
- Parked in Fulcrum Avenue, Tudor, Alderney.
- Used in the mission Catch the Wave for Phil Bell, in which the player infiltrates the boatyard with the truck.
- Common on Charge Island.
- Sometimes seen driving on the East Borough Bridge in South Bohan, Bohan.
- Used as a drug transport vehicle during TBOGT Drug Wars.
- The default radio stations for the Steed are:
- GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City: Liberty City Hardcore.
- The police radio calls the Steed an industrial van (because it's based on one) instead of a truck. Because it's a van, it doesn't have beeping reverse tone on trucks.
- Upon delivery of all thirty cars for Stevie, when he agrees to purchase cars from Niko Bellic, the Steed may be sold for $4,000.
- Steed is also known as a horse to ride on.