(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door coupé|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto Online|
|For other uses, see Stinger (disambiguation).|
- "Don't mistake this for a standard Stinger. The GT is a hard-top, race-bred variant that boasts a top speed of 175mph and 0-60 in less than 6 seconds. With only 40 produced, the Stinger GT is one of the most collectible sportscars in the world. So savor those fleeting moments of enjoyment in between being terrified of crashing it or somebody stealing it."
- — Legendarymotorsport.net
The Grotti Stinger GT is a classic 2-door sports coupé featured only in Grand Theft Auto Online. As the name suggests, it is the grand tourer variant of the standard Stinger seen in Grand Theft Auto V.
The Stinger GT is based on the Ferrari 250 GTO as seen by its overall design, sides, greenhouse area and the short elongated rear fascia and Shelby Daytona while its front end is quite reminiscent of the Intermeccanica Italia, Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, and Ferrari Dino as well as drawing some inspiration from the Pontiac Banshee and possibly the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2. The Stinger GT is mid-engined, and has a hard-top and ducktail spoiler for extra aerodynamics at high speeds.
Despite Legendarymotorsport.net stating the Stinger GT has better performance than the standard Stinger, in-game testing has shown that there is no significant difference between the two, which leaves the player at the option of the player's preferable body style of convertible or coupe within the Stinger range. Recapping, the Stinger GT has a good top speed, and impressive acceleration. Handling is responsive and reliable, however, braking distance is bad.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||145 / 233||
1100 / 2425
|6.1 Seconds||135 / 217||
Mass cannot be observed.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- The Stinger GT is only available for purchase in GTA Online for $875,000 from the Legendary Motorsport website.
- A silver Stinger GT spawns in front of the garage in the mansion complex during the Death From Above online mission.
- It seems to share the same engine sound as the Seashark, and 1980s Formula 3.
- A crew emblem can be purchased for use on this vehicle, but does not appear. However, this is most likely a glitch as the camera angle will pan to the left side door when selected, suggesting it should appear there.
- The Ferrari 250 GTO, the car the Stinger GT is based off, also goes 175 mph and only 39 of them were made, one off from the number of Stinger GT's produced.
- The real life Ferrari 250 GTO is actually a V12, however the in-game engine looks to be a V8.