(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Commerical vehicle|
|Body style||Multi-stop truck|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
- "Kill that Hunger"
- ―Side of Taco Van
Design & Description
The Taco Van is an extended variant of the Boxville, replacing the Mr. Tasty from GTA IV. The ice cream trucks were replaced by the Taco Van, which is popular in Los Angeles. Unlike the Mr Tasty, the Taco Van lacks a jingle bell or a unique horn, having a random ordinary horn, and despite being very large, it only carries the driver.
The name of the food truck, according to the menu list, is Attack-A-Taco. The slogan is "Kill That Hunger." The shape of a grenade is used as the logo, while the 'o' in it's name also represents a grenade. It serves these Mexican dishes:
- Tacos/Burritos/Tortas (sandwiches). De asada (steak), Picadillo (mince meat), Carnitas (Mexican style pork), Barbacoa (Mexican barbecued lamb), Lengua (Ox tongue), Pancita (Ox belly), Buche.
- Tostadas (deep fried tortillas).
- Sodas and Juices.
Much like the Boxville, the Taco Van is heavy rear-wheel-drive vehicle, with a turbo-diesel V8 engine. Its engine is capable of powering it up to moderately high speeds, but acceleration suffers, likely due to its heavy weight. Poor weight distribution makes the vehicle prone to tipping over when cornering at high speeds, and due to its significant body roll and heavy weight, it is prone to oversteer as well. However, its weight can be used as an advantage when trying to ram other cars off the road.
- Commonly found in tourist viewpoint spots along the freeway.
- Parked at a road in Sandy Shores, next to Trevor's Trailer.
- None of the Mexican dishes listed in the menu can be sold in the Taco Van.
- This Van replaces the Mr. Tasty, because ice cream vans are not as common in Los Angeles as Taco Vans are.
- The Taco Van has two variants: one with a roof-mounted sign and one without.
- The conditions onboard the Taco Van are likely unsanitary, as mentioned in a Weazel News report.
- It seems that, while the roof features 4 "sunroofs", the interior is modeled like there's a big sunroof. Probably a design oversight.
- The existence of an openable side door suggest that in the Beta, it serves much like the Hotdog from Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas (vending food to restore health).
- Mr. Tasty, GTA IV counterpart.
- Mr. Whoopee, 3D Universe counterpart.
- Hotdog, a potential GTA San Andreas counterpart.
- Ice-Cream Van, GTA 2 counterpart.