Tagging Up Turf
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Location:||Sweet's House, Ganton|
|Target:||Enemy Gang Tags|
|Unlocks:||Cleaning the Hood|
Tagging Up Turf is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by his brother and Grove Street Families leader Sweet from his house in Grove Street, Ganton, Los Santos.
Sweet and Big Smoke are playing basketball as Carl arrives. After the game, Sweet questions Carl's statement that he's back on the set for good. To prove this, Sweet has Carl spray over enemy gang tags around Los Santos.
Sweet and Carl enter Sweet's Greenwood and drive over to a Ballas gang tag in Idlewood. Sweet sprays over it, while Carl proceeds to spray over two other tags nearby, before entering Sweet's car. They now head to East Los Santos, also Ballas territory. Carl is left alone, and sprays the Grove Street gang tag over three more Ballas tags, Sweet returning with his Greenwood just as Carl finishes his work. The two drive back to Grove Street. Once there, Sweet gives Carl money as a reward before deciding to split up.
One in-game day later after finishing this mission, a couple of things occur:
- B Dup, an old member and friend of the Grove Street Families decides to go on the radio of WCTR News to talk about what he thinks about drugs, stating that, "'There ain't enough drugs in the hood, and that's the real problem for people."
- The murder of Officer Ralph Pendleburry has police who have just discovered his body searching for clues on who murdered him in the first place. As he worked for Internal Affairs, he had almost uncovered a huge corruption ring in the LSPD (mainly the detectives Frank Tenpenny and Eddie Pulaski, who have created the police group CRASH and become corrupted with power), but a police spokesman denied this claim, despite it being true.
- CJ receives a phone call shortly after this mission by Officer Hernandez, the C.R.A.S.H member who works with Officer Tenpenny and Pulaski. He warns CJ that leaving town would be a "big mistake," and that they are watching him, which would likely explain the reason as to why CJ earns wanted levels when entering areas that has yet to be unlocked.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in Sweet's car
- Drive with Sweet to Idlewood
- Spray over the remaining tags in the area
- Get back in Sweet's car
- Drive to East Los Santos
- Find and spray over the tags
- Go to the blip and find the next tag
- Spray over the final tag
- Get back in Sweet's car
- Go back to Sweet's house
- When Sweet drops CJ off at East Los Santos and drives away in his Greenwood to "roll on another hood", after CJ gets ot of the car, Sweet will not move over to the driver's seat, and he will remain seated in the passenger seat of his car, even though it starts driving away.
- If you pick up a camera or a fire extinguisher during this mission, the spray can will be replaced and the mission will fail. A video of this can be seen here.
- Sweet can be recruited twice during this mission; when he is frozen and when he is "normal". A video can be found here.
- If the player has already sprayed over the tags before the mission, they will be cleared and the tag counter will be reset until sprayed over again. A video of this can be seen here.
- Sweet will not spray over any more tags during this mission, despite driving off to "spray over other tags around the area". The only tags sprayed will be the six during this mission (the five tagged by Carl and the demo tag by Sweet).
- The Spray Can has unlimited capacity during this mission.
- If CJ is morbidly obese with low muscle at the start of this mission, the player will have to find an alternate route to the rooftop to spray one of the tags, as CJ will be unable to jump the second fence.