Tagging Up Turf
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Location:||Ganton, Los Santos, San Andreas|
|Target:||Enemy gang tags|
|Unlocks:||Cleaning the Hood|
Tagging Up Turf is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by his brother and Grove Street Families leader Sweet from his house in Grove Street, Ganton, Los Santos, San Andreas.
Sweet and Big Smoke are playing basketball as Carl arrives. After the game, Sweet questions Carl's statement that he's back on the set for good. To prove this, Sweet has Carl spray over enemy gang tags around Los Santos.
Sweet and Carl enter Sweet's Greenwood and drive over to a Ballas gang tag in Idlewood. Sweet sprays over it, while Carl proceeds and sprays over two other tags nearby before entering Sweet's car. They now head to East Los Santos, also Ballas territory. Carl is left alone and he sprays the Grove Street gang tag over three more Ballas tags before Sweet returns with his Greenwood precisely as Carl finishes his work. The two drive back to Grove Street. Once there, Sweet gives Carl money as a reward before deciding to split up.
One in-game day later after finishing this mission, a couple of things happen:
- B Dup, an old member and friend of the Grove Street Families decides to go on the radio of WCTR News to talk about what he thinks about drugs, saying that "'There ain't enough drugs in the hood, and that's the real problem for people."
- The murder of Officer Ralph Pendleburry has police who have just found his body seaching for clues on who murder him in the first place. As he worked for Internal Affiars, his case had him almost uncover a huge corruption ring in the LSPD (mainly the detectives Frank Tenpenny, Eddie Pulaski, who have created the police group CRASH and became corrupted with power) But a police spokesman denied this claim, (Even though it is true).
- CJ recieves a phone call shortly after this mission by Officer Hernandez, the C.R.A.S.H member who works with Officer Tenpenny and Pulaski. He warns CJ that leaving town would be a "big mistake", and that they are watching him.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in Sweet's car
- Drive with Sweet to Idlewood
- Spray over the remaining tags in the area
- Get back in Sweet's car
- Drive to East Los Santos
- Find and spray over the tags
- Go to the blip and find the next tag
- Spray over the final tag
- Get back in Sweet's car
- Go back to Sweet's house
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|
- If the player has already sprayed over those tags before the mission, they will become undone and will be deducted from the total number of sprayed tags until resprayed over again.
- During the cutscene where Sweet drives away in his car to spray other tags, he is in the passenger seat rather than the driver's seat.
- Although Sweet says he will spray over other tags around the area, he does not, and only six tags will be sprayed over during the mission (the five tagged by Carl and the demo tag by Sweet).
- You can spray all tags in the game while doing this mission without running out of spray paint.