Taking Out The Laundry
Toni Cipriani talking with Claude.
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto III|
|Location:||Momma's Restaurante, Saint Mark's|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
|Unlocked by:||Cipriani's Chauffeur|
- "So, the laundry won't pay me protection. The Triads think they can mess with me! Let's teach these would-be tough guys what it means to be a tough guy!"
- ― Toni Cipriani
Toni tells Claude that he wants him to destroy three of vans used by Mr. Wong's Laundromat, after the Triads had attempted to ambush him before. Toni tells Claude to drop by 8-Ball's Eightballs Autoyard in Saint Mark's to collect some grenades. After leaving Toni, Claude locates and destroys the three vans, avoiding pursuing Triads after destroying the first van.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go pick up the grenades
- Destroy the three laundry vans
- Although the mission ask you to destroy the vans using the grenades, is not really necessary do this. In truth, it is much easier fulfill the mission stealing the three vans and destroy them at the same time pushing them to the ocean. If you want to use this technique, it is also important that you know: You must steal the vans stopping a car in front of them carefully, because if you hit your car or shot in the vans, the drivers perceive that they are being pursued and will run of you quickly, making it impossible rob them.
- Use the grenades to destroy the vans is a very bad idea because it draw police attention quickly, the technique above is recommended if you want to economize the grenades to use them later and avoid the aggressive Triads. Just as they start to attack you only if destroy one of the vans, merely steal them will not make them to attack you.
- After the introduction cutscene, the vans are located in the heart of Chinatown and begin to branch out to other parts in Portland. It is recommended to drive there quickly because there is a possibility that the vans could intersect paths at one point, making it quicker to finish the mission.