Taking the Peace
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories|
|Location:||Liberty Campus, Staunton Island, Liberty City|
|Target:||Forelli Family mobsters|
|Unlocks:||Shoot the Messenger|
- "This car's trying to kill me!"
- — Paulie Sindacco.
Taking the Peace is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Leone Family Don Salvatore Leone from a public phone in the Liberty Campus district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toni answers the public phone in Liberty Campus with Salvatore informing Toni that there is a van nearby and to phone him when he finds it. Toni heads to the hospital in Rockford and finds the van, calling Salvatore. Salvatore explains that Paulie Sindacco will be meeting members of the Forelli Family in an attempt to broker a truce. Salvatore's had men make alterations to Paulie's car, allowing Toni to control it. Paulie drives off from the Big Shot Casino in Torrington and as he approaches the meeting, Toni takes control of the car. Toni kills all the Forelli Family gang members with the car by running them over, thus assuring that the Forellis and Sindaccos do not broker a truce. After all the Forelli Family gang members have been killed, Paulie Sindacco runs off and Toni detonates a bomb planted in the car, causing it to explode.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get to the van
- Press X to take control of Paul Sindacco's car
- Take out the Forellis at the meet before Sindacco finds the control system
Post mission phone call
Toni Cipriani: Yeah?
Salvatore Leone: Toni? Sal here. Get over to Belleville and find the public phone booth. I got something urgent needs doing.
- Avoid taking control of the vehicle too early, as the timer begins once you do. However if Paulie arrives at the meeting location before you take over, the mission also fails.
- The challenge in this mission comes from the very limited visibility afforded, as well as the fact there is a slight delay in the controls (intentional). Also, several vehicles are parked around the meeting area, increasing the chances of damage.
- Do not attempt this mission at night, as visibility will be too dark, rendering the parked vehicles and other obstacles virtually invisible. Similarly, try to avoid the mission in cloudy or rainy weather (although this is difficult as weather may change during the time it takes Paulie to drive to the meeting place.
- This is one of the few missions in which there is no danger to Toni of being wasted or busted (assuming he doesn't do something stupid between Liberty Campus and the parked van).
- The title is a take on the phrase "Taking the piss".