Sorry for asking, but where did the name of M.O.B. and North Holland Hustlers come from? I never heard those names in the game, never saw it in police database and never heard about it from gangsters on the streets. M.O.B. and N.H.H. is the same gang for me, with the same members. Just African-American criminals, just like it was said in CW. --Orto Dogge 22:04, May 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Okay, North Holland Hustlers were mentioned in LCPD database in Jayvon Simson and Marlon Bridges dosiers. What about M.O.B.?Orto Dogge 22:32, May 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I was right. There is only one black gang in the city, according the game data files. There is no M.O.B. at all. Page. Gotta. Be. Deleted.Orto Dogge 15:57, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I can't agree with you... For example, Gambettis, Messinas, Pavanos etc. are different mobs, aren't they?
- But they all come from Italy. Or let's take GSF & Ballas (afro-american as N.H.H and M.O.B). Can they be united? Of course no. (AlSar)
- Families of Commission all mentioned in LCPD database. M.O.B. never was mentioned nowhere. This name doesn't even exist. They're just black criminals. --Orto Dogge 16:50, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree that it's questionable, but it's obvious that M.O.B and N.H.H is not the same gang. Instead of occupying neighbouring borougs, they control very distant
- yes m.o.b, and n.h.h. are different the lcpd database does speak about a firefly projects gang so we should call them the firefly projects gang.
- I never heard this name in game so the best variant may be to rename article to 'Firefly Projects Street Gang' or smth like this. (AlSar)
- They also spawn in Acter, Northwood, East Holland and North Holland. And in Firefly Projects as well. It's just African-American criminals. Not even Hustlers, because only two notable members of NHH were Marlon and Jayvon. We gotta think about this problem and the name of new article. --Orto Dogge 17:00, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, where the 'M.O.B.' name come from then? Somebody's thoughts? And this phrase depicted in the article?
BTW how you add your name and time after you posts? (AlSar)
- There is a button "Signature" above, homeboy.
Look at the history of the article and you will see, that everything started from little article from ONE user, who wrote about gang in Firefly Projects. Somebody found this gang and add info about cars, then weapons, then appearances, then about affiliations and then all GTA community start thinking, that M.O.B. is the real deal! This is insane. Nobody wanna check nothing. And everybody believe, that there are Torres Cartel, Leftwood Hispanic Street Gang, Jewish Mob and M.O.B. in the city. No one know, why Jamaican called Hillside Posse or why Alderney Mob called Pegorino Family. And everybody believe, that there is real Gunthugs MC Clubhouse in Tudor. Insanity. I can't believe that everybody so lazy, than can't check anythyng by himself. --Orto Dogge 17:12, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Tnx for showing signature, man. So this name is fake and all info is practically 'sucked from a finger'? LOL.
- You mean that I can suggest the name "AAGNAWHH" (African-American Gangsters Not Affiliated With Holland Husltlers) and it'll be considered as an official name later.
- GTW is not so exact that I thought before. Then article should be renamed, but not deleted. AlSar 17:24, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Ha-ha, comrade,I understood that you Russian after this "sucked from the finger"! No way other countries have this phrase too! Я тоже русский.)) Рад встретить земляка здесь, тем более настолько заинтересованного.)
M.O.B. as Money Over Bitches was joke of black gangs to disrespecting of real Italian mobsters. Of course everybody believed, that this is the really name, because it came straight from the hood. I think, we need the article about African-American criminals in LC and articles about gang of Clarence Little in East Holland, gang with Jermaine Andrews as a member in Firefly Projects, North Holland Hustlers and little black gang in Acter. --Orto Dogge 17:30, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I know that you're Russian. Это именно я писал про Раскалова, Петровича и ты мне даже сообщение слал. Ответ наконец прочитай!
- Closer to the article: I don't think that many pages will help. I suggest creating "Afro-American Gangs in GTA IV era" just like http://gta.wikia.com/Cosa_Nostra
- It should bear a link to NHH page and state some info about EHH and MOB, noting inofficiality of MOB's name AlSar 17:51, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Look at Jermaine Andrews file in the LCPD Database. It just called it "African-Americans in the Broker" or something. I'd check it out myself, but I don't have access to my PS3 right now. And the name "M.O.B." is said by some members of the gang ("What does M.O.B. stand for anyways?"), but it doesn't neccesarily mean that this is the gang's name. GTA: Chinatown Wars just calls the gang "African-Americans". -- Master Sima Yi 06:18, May 8, 2010 (UTC)
M.O.B. is just an abbreviation in black people community. And african-americans everywhere in the city can say this. So, may be I missed something, but what did you mean? Dosier of Jermaine says "African-American Street Gangs in Firefly Projects".--Orto Dogge 11:21, May 8, 2010 (UTC)
After playing online for a while I have found that the same models that appear in Firefly Projects, and Acter are the same ones used for the Jamaican Gang in Turf Wars. MOB was not a good name, and Firefly Projects Gang wasn't explanatory enough for both territories. The current name could redirect to either Jamaicans, or Jamaican Gang and could have a disambig message (not to be confused with the Hillside Posse which should remain.) --Gta-mysteries 07:57, June 18, 2010 (UTC)I
It's clear enough that they're Afro-Americans, that's why they can't be of Jamaican origin. Then, they don't have ties with Hillside Posse which would be logical Multiplayer models are not exact, just to represent gangstersAlSar 08:45, June 18, 2010 (UTC)
I'm not saying that multiplayer can be exact, but in this case it is. Look at the Russian Mafia. Same models, and the Jamaicans are for the ones you would find in Acter. At some point it was in the article but got erased. I'm not saying the Jamaicans in Alderney have connections with the Hillside Posse, just that they have similar names. --Gta-mysteries 22:10, June 18, 2010 (UTC)
Why not just name the article to "African Americans", like they are referenced to in GTA: Chinatown Wars? It is the only given name in any of the games. We shouldn't make one up ourselves when there already is one just because the given one is "unfitting" or whatever. -- Master Sima Yi 16:09, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
African Americans are an ethnicity, not a gang. The current name is fine. Cerebral plague 17:42, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I know African Americans is an ethnicity, but they are listed like that in the gang list. And your personal opinion is that the current name is fine, but it isn't a fact. The guys who hang out in North Holland, East Holland and Acter are the same guys as these. -- Master Sima Yi 08:11, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Could you show us where that is said? -- Master Sima Yi 08:43, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Could you show us a picture or something showing that? Because all I see is "African Americans". -- Master Sima Yi 08:50, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I think he is referring to "The Mob," I played all of the games thoroughly, and repeatedly. The African American gangsters in Chinatown Wars are just "African Americans," while the unspecified Italian criminal organization(I don't want to say mafia, because made men do not peddle drugs on the streets) are referred to as "The Mob." If you would just pay closer attention to details, you would notice that "The Mob" have common Italian names. Also, the only reference in the entire continuity of the current GTA4 universe to "M.O.B." is a random African American criminal saying "Does the B stand for Bullshit or Bitches?" D16x 08:53, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Someone already changed all the names on the articles. But if I remember correctly, it is mentioned somewhere in the drug dealing e-mails sent to the player during the game. But you may be right, they may be referring to "The Mob" (have not played CW in a long time, so I may be wrong). Chimpso (Talk) 08:58, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
Look at this video. The first name was in GTA IV. The NHH is in the Firefly Projects. And was the original MOB the gang with the overweight African Americans? Because I've seen other black gangsters. Here are some pictures:
And which platform do you have GTACW for Chimpso? And which one do you have Master Sima Yi? The platforms could be differing.
- I have both the NDS and PSP versions. The NDS version shows them as "Jamaicans" while the PSP version shows them as "Yardies". As the PSP version is the latest, I guess Rockstar changed the gang's name as they weren't satisfied with the older one. -- Master Sima Yi 17:59, July 14, 2010 (UTC)
Depending on the actual name this article may need to be split. Which one came first wasn't it the NDS? And was the M.O.B. grouping all three gang types together?--Gta-mysteries Talk 18:06, July 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Nintendo DS version came out first, you can actually research all that information within the site. M.O.B. isn't a real name, it's something that a random criminal says, "Does the b stand for bitches or bullshit?" M.O.B. is an old term originally made popular by 2pac, which means Money Over Bitches. Before 2pac, it meant "Member Of Bloods." M.O.B. is more of a gang slogan along the lines of an outlaw MCs "FOOF" which would be "Forever Outlaw Outlaw Forever." M.O.B. isn't a name, more of a chant. The only name they are ever given is "African Americans."D16x 15:41, July 16, 2010 (UTC)
Guys there called M.O.B. i have seen wall griffiti in firefly projects were they can be found and so far twice i've seen 2 that said M.O.B. not to metioned the gang memebers actually talk about it in gruops on the courts.
Looking at it the wrong way. Gangs are not this linear.
You guys are looking at the gangs in GTA IV incorrectly. This isn't the GTA 3 era. Rockstar purposely made it difficult to identify the gangs in GTA IV. They are ment to be rigid, random, and very non-linear and non-cliche. This is because it is more realistic. gang members even associate and hang around regular pedestrians and other gangs from oppsoite neighborhoods - making it very difficult to identify rhem.
As for the MOB, no such gang exists. Rockstar made a gang with no name because it is more realistic this way. It makes them appear more numerous and realistic. The african americans in acter are technically completely different to those in North Holland. The ones in north holland are technnically different to those in Firefly projects. The North Holland Hustlers in the games story arc are completely different to those found on the streets, The fact that they have the same skins is just a matter of convenience for rockstar.
What rockstar was getting at was; The african americans could be a number of thousands of different gangs throughout Liberty City. Hell, even a group of african americans in firefly projects might be completely different to another group in firefly projects. This adds to the realism. In reallife new york, a single neighborhood can have various pockets of different gang members. The NHH are a story-only gang and have no influence on the streets outside of the story arc.
the only gangs in the game that are identifiable, rigid, cliched, and linear are those in the story (eg mafia, McReary mob, albanian mob, North Holland hustlers etc). Even if some of the skins are the same, the ones on the street are not.
What we should be asking is, which neighborhoods have a higher concentration of gangs - not which gang is which. Leave that to the story arc-only gangs like the NHH or the mafia.