At this moment in time, I would call the new helicopter a new model, as it it definitely based on the UH-53. I would also like to cite the original Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion for reference here. The CH-53;
- Used as a military transport helicopter, (including the U.S. Marines)
- Features very similar cabin shaping (including windows)
- Features cabin extensions, unlike most chinooks.
- The attachments (even if they aren't pontoons) don't appear on the Chinook, but they do on the CH-53.
- Also has the same engine layout near the front rotor.
- Though minor, the wheel placing appears to be CH/ UH-53 too.
The fuselage can't clearly be seen, so I can't much comment on it at the moment. As for the tail boom and its horizontal rotor, that's certainly CH-47. I would class this as a new helicopter however, seeing as it can't clearly be defined at this moment. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 18:33, July 30, 2013 (UTC)