I think we should really rename the page to "Grand Theft Auto: Online" because that is its confirmed name, it even has its own logo
TheTechPoTaToCHIP 12:48, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, it was called Grand Theft Auto Online, but someone changed it.. Instulent (talk) 11:21, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
Amount of players
This page says that max amount of players is 32, but website of GTA V clearly says that it's 16
There isnt a heists mode its all in the free mode where u can rob a bank etc. and spend money ;)
passive also isnt a game mode same as race THIS IS ALL IN ONE ;)
Anyway it isnt the multiplayer of GTA V. Rockstar dont want to call it Multiplayer its an standalone game in itself
Niko Bellic inconsistency.
Someone should seriously fix the part where it talks about Niko. Niko does not have a son, he is simply added to the character creation system that is parent based. If this isn't fixed, it'll confuse people.
GTA V Online questions (Please reply)
Hey guys I'm wondering can the military/police be turned off in free roam like in GTA IV? I really hope so because having the police on 24/7 kinda is annoying. Also do you guys know if the Rhino tank will be in GTA Online? And also can you still access the Rhino if military/police are off? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There are so many problems with this page that people like me could fix, (I'm an experienced editor of Grand Theft Auto articles over on Wikipedia) but the article is locked so that I can't edit this. This frustrates me, that the only people who can edit it can't even be bothered fixing it up. Please do something about this - either let people like me edit these kinds of locked articles, or fix it yourself, if you can edit it. --Rhain1999 (talk) 04:17, October 4, 2013 (UTC)
- I completely agree. There are dozens of inconsistancies or just blatent wrong information. I dunno who's bright idea it was to lock it, and still have it locked over a week after it's release, but it needs to go back to being public. Isn't that the whole point of Wiki's like this? public avalability?
- Anyhow as far as wrong information goes a few example is it is talking about the avalability of hiests and doing them with friends but heists are currently not in the game yet. They also referense the content creater but that also is not in the game. Resturants like Cluckin' Bell are closed and players are never able to enter, not even in singleplayer like in GTA IV. Passive mode is also marked as a whole new game mode. Much of this is obviously speculation before it came out. It's really about time to let people edit it. Griffmstr835 (talk) 16:52, October 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Except that it's set in the same place, around a similar time, with plenty of the same characters, and the only way that you can access GTA Online is with the GTA V disc. Yeah, nothing to do with each other, for sure. --Rhain1999 (talk) 05:48, October 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, thank you for replying so quickly, but a friend of mine said if you get your Online character to a high enough level, you could play as that character in single player. I guess not... Well, thanks for replying.
Some of this information is outdated and mostly in the past tense. Like the Cluckin' Bell thing. You can't even use it in story mode. Also, I'm pretty sure GTA Online starts a few days/weeks/months before the campaign starts. I got a text from Lester awhile back and he referenced the diamond store that got robbed in the campaign. (You have to sell the diamonds in this mission)
Also, remember when Lester mentions in one of the missions that he knows a person, but their way too unpredictable? I think he's referencing the GTA Online character.
I'm sure more will pop up in the near future, but I think I have the timeline thing basically figured out.
Timeline errors or just general errors?
So i've notised things that could throw the "when is it set" question either way, yet idk if it's just a timeline error or a general dev oversight, for example, i've heard a few times online is set months (possibly 5) before the single player story, yet Tracey is on Fame or Shame (which could just be developer oversight) meaning it is part way through the timeline, but MerryWeather security seems to be full force and uneffected showing it's possibly before Trevor gets to them. Also Stab City is fully intact and populated in all my visits meaning Trevor hasn't given them their gifts yet.
if they add this dlc that lets others havewhat the CE has will they let us have those extra gun camos? just wondering.
Ideas for GTA: Online
Well, in the game must be an option to share house with another friend. It can be easier to adquire them, and it'll feel more...cooperative style
Another will be adding cars just for GTA: Online, like the Stinger GT (it's online, but no in Single Player)
In the article it says "Lester gives you a mission to sell the diamonds that were stolen during The Jewel Store Job", while in the trivia it says GTA Online takes place one year before the events of GTA V. Obviously, one of them is wrong. Can someone please find some evidence of either being true so it can be cleared? Cheers.