I've had the Hotknife multiple times from normal traffic, no cheat, no pre-owned hotknife.Ess-Tee 15:46, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- Can you tell which part of San Andreas do you usually find it? For me, I never saw it spawning in normal traffic. Masterpogihaha 15:42, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- In the main cities is where i found it.. San Fierro, on the opposite side of the Driving School (sorry, haven't played in about a year), Los Santos near Grove St. and Venturas, near the strip and around the Transfender.Ess-Tee 15:46, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- Well, I can check on May 30. (cannot play right now, and i have not play in four months.) Masterpogihaha 16:06, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- They couldn't have spawned on the streets. They are set not to spawn as a pedestrian car on the streets. Similar to why planes are never seen driving on the streets. The setting is in the vehicles.ide.--Spaceeinstein 16:29, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- I HAVE seen them spawn on streets.. although maybe the game had stored it in the memory after i drove one previously in the same game session? Or maybe from a previous cheat activation (I do play cheats... but don't save it afterwards, just for fun lol).
- This may be a glitch, but I have obtained a hotknife when on a vigilante mission; the suspect I had to eliminate was in one. It must be how the game randomly generates cars for the missions because the same goes to the firetruck missions too; a patriot spawned and was on fire for one of the missions and you can only find a patriot while on a specific mission or theyre parked in rare locations. Never on the streets though.
The vehicles in Vigilante and Firetruck aren't entirely randomly created. The script creates a list of vehicles that can spawn during Vigilante and the Hotknife is one of them. It's not a glitch to see them during missions but it's odd to see them randomly spawned on the streets without any modifications or cheats.--Spaceeinstein 20:31, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- But does that mean it's not entirely impossible?? I just wanted to know if the Hotknife was indeed a 'rare' vehicle, because in my days of GTA Sand Andreas, i came across them quite frequently.Ess-Tee 05:10, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
- Ok... What does it have to do with the Hotknife spawning regularly in traffic?--Spaceeinstein 19:09, October 24, 2009 (UTC)
The Hotknife will only, spawn if you have cheats, or a glitch has occured--Claude CJ Vercetti 22:47, October 24, 2009 (UTC)
When you turn the Sports Car Cheat on, what are the odds of finding a Hotknife with an open engine? I always get ones with closed engines. Montybrady 22:26, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- There should be a half-half chance of seeing one. It's like seeing variations of other vehicles.--Spaceeinstein 00:44, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
Yea i have also seen it in Vigilante,and i took it to my garage:)Anyways,i think i have seen one by streets but i was driving one already,so it could be because of that.BTW,i cant check now,but i assume that it raises the players sex appeal for being such a customized and rare car,so can someone check and put it there if so,thx.Oreo Biskuit!!Eleven 08:16, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
Cheats+Cheats=Hotknifes in traffic?
From the newly added trivia:
* If the player uses a lot of cheats (they don't have to be vehicle related) it will spawn more in the streets and if the player uses too much cheats it spawns more than most vehicles.
Proof or gtfo.--Oreo Biskuit!!Eleven 17:44, July 31, 2010 (UTC)