Move, rename or something.
Last night I created Jet aritcle. It is about the very same plane. Can someone rename or merge both pages?
By the way, this is called only Jet. It says Jet, Planes because the in game text works as "*manufacturer* *vehicle name*, *type*"
Sorry, since you said it was a 707, I thought you were refering to some other plane I had yet not seen. I guess we gotta rename this page then. (Henriquedematos (talk) 19:27, September 14, 2013 (UTC))
- What would we rename it to then? VaultBoy Tom (Talk | Edits) 19:33, September 14, 2013 (UTC)
Jets not always spawning at Los Santos International Airport in GTA V
Has anyone noticed that if you are looking at where the jets normally land and take off they don't spawn? But yet when you look away they spawn. Why does this happen? Has it happened to anyone else or is it just me? I think it may be because Rockstar programmed the game to spawn stuff when your not looking. But thats just my thought.
I think it's ridiculous to say that "similar airliners" appeared in GTA IV, they share the same body,design,engine sound and they are JETS, so why is someone saying that "similar jets" appeared in GTA IV? I consider this case for the Shamal because the previous jets on the 3D Universe are not even similar to the Shamal, except for the GTA Vice City's private jet, but in the case of the 747 Jet, it should be said that it first appeared in GTA IV as an uncontrollable scenary prop, similar to the Twinjet's case, if it appears in a future game, we'll note that it first appeared in GTA V as an uncontrollable plane which serves as a scenary prop, anyone agree? (AndreEagle17 (talk) 19:10, September 1, 2014 (UTC))
Actually, any plane can be considered a "jet". The Hydra is a "jet", the Lazer is a "jet", the Twinjet is a "jet", the Shamal is a "jet", even the Luxor is a "jet". So naming one plane "Jet" which is unconfirmed by Rockstar can cause confusion to tons of players. However, saying 747 or Jumbo Jet makes it easier to understand than simply naming it jet. () 19:52, September 16, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- But shouldn't the wiki have correct information? That is the name of the plane in game. R* obviously had to write it so it's confirmed that the name is Jet (unless current-gen version will have it's name changed). By renaming the page to "747", you're basically adding false information since the page is not named by it's in game name but the real life counterpart. Police Cruiser has to be an exception because it would only mess the page if it was together. (though I actually have an idea on how to eliminate it, and keep only one Police Cruiser page for all "cruisers" without messing up everything)
- 747 already redirects here, so no point in renaming if people will get here anyway. 20:13, September 16, 2014 (UTC)
- So if you're saying about "official name" that would be the same thing if the Air Ambulance were merged with Police Maverick and separete Bullet and Bullet GT, this is not false information, but accurate information, everybody here has played GTA V and i never seen anybody actually calling it as the "Jet", and also, i agree that we can wait till the PS4 version, there is a speculation of renaming the 747 jet, but if not, i think that the page still needs to be renamed to "747" (AndreEagle17 (talk) 20:23, September 16, 2014 (UTC))
- Air Ambulance is there because R* couldn't be bothered to make a separate model for it. Really, it is just a Police Maverick with a different livery. It doesn't really matter that much, and it's better to keep this one separate because not everyone digs through the game files like me so everyone would just assume "Air Ambulance". Bullet on the other hand, R* can't decide what to actually name it. It's constantly shifting from Bullet to Bullet GT and back to Bullet.... and at the end of the day, it's still the very same car but with a different .gxt2 entry.
- Jet is none of the above examples. It is it's own vehicle, own name and basically different than everything. 747 would confuse things even more, especially when someone did not play GTA V before. R* said they will not use real life licensed names and then a "747" appears on the wiki. Now wouldn't that generate extreme confusion? 20:36, September 16, 2014 (UTC)
- O-kay, that's the second vehicle discussion you win against me, I accept this again, but please do me a favor, don't remove the "aka" tags that i wrote on the Titan, Tractor and the 747 page itself, also, there is a speculation of this plane being renamed in the PS4 version and getting a manufactured (most probably Western Company), so if it's OFFICIALY renamed, we are certainly gonna rename this page (AndreEagle17 (talk) 20:42, September 16, 2014 (UTC))