| MISSION |
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Location:||Gasso in Dillimore, Red County, San Andreas|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
|Tanker destroyed or detached from the truck
|Unlocks:||If done after First Date; Body Harvest|
If done after First Base; Gone Courting
If done after Gone Courting; Made in Heaven and Wu Zi Mu
|Unlocked by:||First Date|
- "This here's bulletproof glass! So you can just fuck off, bitch, before I call the sheriff!"
- — Gas Station employee.
As the liquor store is confronted, Catalina points a shotgun at the two men in the store (through a window) and demands that they hand over the takings. The employee responds that the store has bullet-proof glass. Catalina decides that she and Carl can just steal a nearby tanker and its trailer. They get in the tanker, and Catalina directs Carl to a person who would buy it. However, both the store employee and the cashier, Derek, give chase. Nevertheless, Catalina and Carl safely get to the RS Haul in Flint County. The person, Mr. Whittaker, receives the tanker, and pays Carl and Catalina. Catalina leaves on a Sanchez.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get into the cab
- Attach the cab to the tanker
- Get back in the cab
- Drive the rig out to Catalina's buyer. Be careful not to disconnect the trailer
The reward for this mission is $5,000. The next storyline mission that would be unlocked depends on which mission the player completed before this mission. Also, Trucking missions can now be accessed at the RS Haul in Flint County.
Tips and Tricks
- Be careful around sharp turns, as turning too suddenly can easily result in the trailer swinging around and disconnecting.
- To easily get rid of the Sabre, get out of the tanker after the cutscene ends and get between wall and the tanker, then crouch because the car always tries to ram the tanker, so when it does so, shoot it until it catches fire. Make sure it doesn't explode near the tanker or near Catalina, as this will fail the mission.
- If Derek and the employee chase the player all the way to the RS Haul, a short cutscene shows them losing control of their Sabre and bailing out just before it crashes into the filling stations at the nearby gas station, destroying it and a nearby Sadler.
- The Tanker is bulletproof before it is attached to the cab.
- If the player kills the gas station employee, Derek will flee the scene and become a random pedestrian.
- If Derek and the employee are killed before reaching the RS Haul, an indestructible Sadler can be obtained, as it would usually be destroyed during the cutscene where the pursuing Sabre crashes into the gas station.
- On rare occasions, a car or truck can crash into the filling stations as the player approaches it and activates the cutscene, causing the station to explode during the cutscene, thus killing Catalina, failing the mission and giving the player a two-star wanted level.
- In the beta, the Trucking Missions would not be unlocked after this mission, instead being unlocked after completing the mission Highjack.
- Near the beginning, when CJ and Catalina run to the truck to steal it, run towards Catalina and she'll stay where she is, and start shooting CJ. This will automatically fix itself if you get in the Tanker, as usual, and put on the trailer.
- If you try to enter in gas station interior with trainers or a jetpack cheat, and kill the two peds, after you enter in the Tanker, the game will crash or becomes a black screen.
- This mission cannot be completed if you use the 'Ped Riot' cheat, even if you deactivate it, at the end cutscene, Mr. Whittaker will run towards Catalina and punch her, thus causing her to pull out her shotgun and kill him, also causing the cutscene to become endless.