|Appearance(s):||GTA Chinatown Wars|
Grand Theft Auto V
|Weapon type:||Melee (GTA CW)|
Pistol (GTA V)
|Unlocked After:||Monkey Business (GTA V)|
- "Fires a projectile that administers a voltage capable of temporarily stunning an assailant. Takes approximately 4 seconds to recharge after firing."
- ―GTA V description on Rockstar Games Social Club.
The Teaser is used to stun people. In Chinatown Wars the Teaser takes up the melee weapon slot, but works just like a gun. In GTA V, it takes the pistol slot on the weapon wheel. The weapon was originally set to feature in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City as the primary weapon of the Patrol Invest Group, but was removed.
The Teaser launches a small wire which attaches to the target and sends a continuous electric charge into them. It has a power meter, which starts at 100, and is depleted with use; it recharges while idle. If a victim is shocked by it for long enough, they will catch on fire, and the player will immediately gain a one-star Wanted Level. In GTA Chinatown Wars, the stun gun cannot be found on the streets, but can be bought for $300 from Ammu-Nation.
The Stun Gun is not available in GTA Online without file modifications.
- Rating: 1
- Price: $300
- Description: Gun shy, but trigger happy? Get excited. Get delirious. Get all the pain compliance you need with this 'non-lethal' weapon.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Can be picked up from dead police officers.
- Can be purchased at any Ammu-Nation when notified via e-mail.
- It is strange how the gun is misspelled "Teaser" instead of Taser in GTA Chinatown Wars. This is likely due to the fact that Taser is actually a brand name and not generic name like "Stun Gun". It could also be a sexual innuendo (to tease someone sexually).
- Some people cannot be killed by the stun gun such as muggers in random events or Trevor Philips prior to Franklin meeting him in Three's Company.
- When Trevor uses his ability and uses the stun gun, it sounds like a pistol. This is probably an oversight.
- Also, the shock emitted will MUCH more powerful, and is more likely to kill.
- It was meant to appear in GTA Vice City but was cut. Model can still be found in the PS2 game files under stungun.dff and stungun.txd names.