In single player, TV stays practically the same as it was in Grand Theft Auto IV. It doesn't affect the gameplay in any way, and its only function is being a pastime. The number of viewable TV shows has been expanded and now the player can watch television even if he is not siting in one place. The player must be seated to control the television however.
Sometimes, when the player switches to another character, he can be found watching television in his house.
Television production makes an appearance in the game in the mission Fame or Shame when behind the scenes access to the Fame or Shame reality TV series is available. Television news reports are also used to aid plot development in a number of other missions.
|This article or section is Under Construction.|
- Michael watches Weazel News to trigger the cell-phone bomb in Friend Request.
- Following The Jewel Store Job, Dave Norton uses the news bulletin to warn Michael De Santa that he may have blown his identity to Trevor Philips who was watching the same bulletin at the time.
- Fame or Shame (a new episode becomes available after Reuniting the Family)
- Republican Space Rangers
- Kung Fu Rainbow Lazerforce
- Jack Howitzer
As well as the two networks viewable in GTA V, TV in GTA Online has additional features/channels.
Provides security camera footage with a number of possible views depending on the standard of property, including:
- Main Door - exterior of the front door.
- Garage Door - exterior of the garage door.
- Garage - interior of the garage.
The player can cycle through all other players in the lobby in spectator mode with various camera angles and filters able to be applied.
Note: Weazel News and Spectate channels are only available when other players are in the Free Mode lobby.
- In GTA V, "live action" TV shows and commercials, as well as movies, all appear to have been created by Rockstar Games in either the GTA V map, or on previous Rockstar Games titles (such as GTA San Andreas, L.A.Noire, GTA IV or Red Dead Redemption) as opposed to how some forms of media in GTA IV were filmed/created on "test maps" (The Men's Room, Venturas Poker Challenge, etc).
- A new episode of Princess Robot Bubblegum was cut from the final game, however, it returned in the Xbox One/PS4/PC version of the game.