- "Tennis is a very competitive sport that hasn't changed much since the 1800s. It is still an obsession of angry upper class swingers who like to sit in the stands, drink wine, and complain about diversity."
- ―GTA V Website.
- "Tennis is a great way to work off last night's bad decisions and dwell on just how middleclass you've become."
- — GTA V Manual
Tennis is unlocked after the mission Complications. It is an activity that can be done with dates or as a challenge against computer opponents with several different difficulty levels. Before starting, the player can select the numbers of sets you wish to play and the difficulty. There are several different shot types the player may use, such as lobs, topspins and backspins. You can also win money by winning a game of tennis.
- Jordan (beta)
- Amanda De Santa - Amanda is available as an opponent either on the court behind her house or when playing tennis while spending time with her husband.
- Chumash Hotel Courts, Great Ocean Highway
- Michael's Court, Michael's mansion - This location becomes unavailable between Did Somebody Say Yoga? and Reuniting the Family.
- Richman Hotel Courts, West Eclipse Boulevard.
- USLA Campus Courts, Picture Perfect Drive.
- Vespucci Apartments Courts, Palomino Avenue.
- Vespucci Courts, Vespucci Beach
- Vinewood Apartments Courts, Elgin Avenue.
- Weazel Courts, Dorset Drive.
- Franklin is the only protagonist who cannot play tennis.
- Unlike golf, tennis can be played at any time of day or night.
- Trevor can play matches on Michael's private court without Michael by climbing the western wall of his property and jumping the court fence. When the match is started, he will be playing against Amanda. Trevor and Amanda will share amusing banter throughout the match that reflects their antipathic feelings toward each other.
- Any tattoo that Michael or Trevor has on his arms will disappear during the tennis match.
- Due to a rare glitch, if the player battles Trevor in a tennis match as Michael, Trevor will sometimes be holding a gun attached to the racket. This can also happen to Michael if playing as Trevor. The glitch is most likely caused by making both protagonists draw their weapons and starting a game before they can holster their weapon, leaving the weapon still in their hands.
- If playing against either Michael, Trevor or Amanda, they (as opponents) share the same win-pose animations as any other computer opponent in the game. This is most likely due to the opponent becoming an NPC and all opponents have the same winning animations, same goes to both Michael and Trevor. If challenged either Michael or Trevor, they technically become an NPC. The protagonist the player controls at the time has unique animations (Michael being proud of himself and Trevor somewhat amusingly hostile).