The show is a parody of The Smurfs. Like its real life counterpart, each character has a unique personality and appear on numerous amounts of branded merchandise, such as Little Lacy Surprise underwear. However, unlike the Smurfs, the Barfs explicitly hate sharing, alluding sharing to communism. Each Barf has his or her own firearm for "protection and fun". Their names seem to be a play on the adjectives that can be attributed to kinds of barf. In GTA V, during the mission Friend Request, you can see a few The Barfs toys on the wall.
- Big Major Barf - a Barf dressed in military garb, carries a M16
- Lady Barf - a female Barf, carries a derringer
- Chunky Barf - a Barf wearing a do-rag and gold chain, carries a Mini Uzi
- Smokey Barf - a Barf who smokes a lot, carries a Double Barreled Shotgun
- Tiny Barf - a baby Barf with a mohawk, carries a Python
- Fruity Barf - a homosexual Barf, carries a squirt gun