The Bus Assassination
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location:||Downtown Los Santos|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Target escape|
|Unlocks:||The Construction Assassination|
|Unlocked by:||The Vice Assassination|
- "Attention passengers! Please hold on to your fucking seats!"
- ―Franklin Clinton.
Lester tells Franklin that a man will be getting on a bus and that he needs Franklin to kill him. Franklin gets a bus and starts stopping at bus stops picking up passengers. When he stops at the target's bus stop, the target senses something is wrong and makes a run for it. Franklin then chases and kills the target. A quick phone call to Lester ends the mission.
Players should be aware of the LSPD, for in this mission officers can be found walking the streets on foot. Police can also be found patrolling the streets in their cars. If a cop car is hit, or a cop/pedestrian is hit, a wanted level star is received, making mission progress more challenging. An easy way to complete the level is to drive like a normal civilian and watch out for crossing pedestrians.
In order to complete the mission, the player must:
- Collect the Bus from the Bus Station
- Stop at each Bus Stop until the target is found
- Assassinate the target
- Leave the area
Gold Medal Objectives
- Hit and Run - Kill the target using the bus
Weazel News Newspaper
"In more news for big business, visionary venture capitalist Isaac Penny has been murdered just as he was about to save the US automobile industry by taking a controlling stake in Vapid Motor Company. How many more business leaders need to die before President Lawton stands up and calls these assassinations an act of terror?"
- Pre-mission preparation:
- For maximum profit, delay startng this and the subsequent assassination job until after the completion of the main story line, when you will have the proceeds of the Big Score to invest.
- Make sure it's Monday, if not, keep sleeping with any of the protagonists numerous times to advance the time to Monday. (Trevor can sleep for 12 hours)
- Do not make any investments yet.
- Post mission:
- Now, invest all the money of the three protagonists in Vapid stocks in the Bawsaq site.
- Wait for 48 hours in game so the stocks can reach their maximum value, the fastest way to advance time is sleeping with Trevor.
- The maximimum percentage of return here is about 100%, after reaching this value it will start to drop. Switch to all three protagonists and sell all their stocks.
Note: save the game in a different slot before doing this mission, so you can reload in case anything goes wrong.
- This is the only time in the whole GTA series where the player is able to work as a bus driver.