This could be one of the most difficult and/or frustrating missions in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Hilary's car appears to be faster than Tommy's Sentinel; but in fact, he can only accelerate faster and corner slightly better than Tommy. In a straight-a-way Tommy will be able to pass him.
Head to the Malibu Club and meet Hilary King. You have to beat him in order to join you. The race is a bit long which stretches half of the map of the first island (Washington Beach - Vice Point). But, before you accept the mission, park a fast vehicle, say, a Cheetah or an Infernus near the Police Station. When you do start ram him or shoot him until you get to this point, then switch the fast car but avoid collision in order to get you to 1st place.
- Hilary's Sabre Turbo is bulletproof, and can be quite difficult to obtain. In order to get the car, follow these steps:
- Park a Rhino tank on the bridge near the hardware store in Washington Beach facing south.
- Exit the tank and run to the Malibu club to start the mission (getting into another vehicle on the way will lose the tank).
- Once the race starts, drive your car to the Pay 'n' Spray in the south to lose your wanted level, which can hinder your progress.
- With your wanted level now gone, drive back to the bridge and enter the tank.
- Once Hilary's car is in sight, ram or fire upon it until it explodes.
- Push the exploded car to the Pay 'n' Spray to repair it. Make sure the car is in view at all times; otherwise it will disappear.