| MISSION |
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
|Location:||Malibu Club, Vice Point|
|Target:||Beat Hilary King in a street race|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
|Unlocked by:||The Shootist|
Tommy, Ken and Phil are all in the club, with Tommy saying that the heist plan is coming together nicely, and the only thing left to do is to hire a driver. Ken suggests himself, but Phil suggests Hilary King, describing him as a great driver. Phil calls Hilary, and asks if he can offer his services to Tommy. He says yes, but only if Tommy beats him in a race.
Tommy goes outside to Hilary, who is inside his Sabre Turbo. He explains that if Tommy loses to him, he will not work for Tommy. Tommy then gets inside a Sentinel and races against Hilary. He passes through all checkpoints scattered around Vice Beach, all while being chased by the Vice City Police Department for illegal racing. Later on, he eventually passes the finish line first, and Hilary agrees to work for him.
Tips and tricks
- Hilary's Sabre Turbo is bulletproof, and can be quite difficult to obtain. In order to get the car, follow these steps, this method is long, also have patience.
- Park a Rhino tank on the bridge near the hardware store in Washington Beach facing south.
- Exit the tank and run to the Malibu club to start the mission (getting into another vehicle on the way will lose the tank).
- Once the race starts, drive your car to the Pay 'n' Spray in the south to lose your wanted level, which can hinder your progress.
- With your wanted level now gone, drive back to the bridge and enter the tank.
- Once Hilary's car is in sight, ram or fire upon it until it explodes.
- Push the exploded car to the Vercetti Estate and put it in garage to repair it. Make sure the car is in view at all times; otherwise it will disappear.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Win the race
- In the original 2002 PlayStation 2 version of the game, the song that can be heard playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "In a Big Country" by Big Country. The song isn't featured on any of the in-game radio stations. The song isn't played inside the Malibu Club during normal gameplay either. For unknown reasons, the song was removed from the cutscene in later versions of the game.
- In later released copies of the PS2 version and all PC, Xbox, iOS, Android, and Mac OS X ports of the game, the song that can be heard playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. The song is also featured on the in-game radio station Wildstyle. The song isn't played inside the Malibu Club during normal gameplay.
- The song that can be heard playing in the car during the cutscene in which Tommy meets Hilary is "All Night Long" by Mary Jane Girls. The song is also featured on the in-game radio station Fever 105.
- Hilary's Sabre Turbo has special properties. It can be obtained but it is quite difficult. The only way to obtain this unique vehicle is to destroy the car with a Rhino tank, then the remains of the car need to be pushed to a nearby garage. Although the remains tend to disappear once you approach the garage so the player needs to be careful and push it right into the garage before it disappears.
- It can be rather difficult to beat Hillary and his Sabre Turbo. Park a superfast car such as the Infernus or the Hot Ring Racer (By completing all four Sunshine Auto Lists) nearby (But not near the Malibu Club as this will make the car disappear). Once the race start, abandon the Sentinel and get into the replacement car quickly. The Infernus and especially the Hot Ring will have no trouble catching up to Hillary despite police interference.
- This mission can be considered to be a "waste" since of course, in the next mission in the Malibu Strand, "The Job", Hillary gets wasted by the SWAT, leaving Tommy to be the driver.
- The police will only chase Vercetti.
|iPad 2 Version|